News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

Re: Open letter to the USGA
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2016, 03:35:48 PM »
Honestly though...does anyone have any background on her?  Either she was incredibly nervous and clearly isn't an orator, or she had hit the bottle as suggested or perhaps not playing with a full deck.

I did not see the speech, so can't comment on that.

If we're talking about the USGA's President, Diana Murphy, she is the wife of former USGA President Reg Murphy.  Her nomination as President, out of the usual order of succession, was perceived as a factional battle within the USGA, and stirred up a lot of feelings among some of the longtime USGA volunteers I've gotten to know over the years.  I don't have much interest in organizational politics, so I've never asked anything about it.

Almost sounds like we have a little 'House of Cards' Frank and Claire Underwood thing going on here!!  ;)

Thomas Dai

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2016, 04:33:23 PM »
Honestly though...does anyone have any background on her?  Either she was incredibly nervous and clearly isn't an orator, or she had hit the bottle as suggested or perhaps not playing with a full deck.
I did not see the speech, so can't comment on that.
If we're talking about the USGA's President, Diana Murphy, she is the wife of former USGA President Reg Murphy.  Her nomination as President, out of the usual order of succession, was perceived as a factional battle within the USGA, and stirred up a lot of feelings among some of the longtime USGA volunteers I've gotten to know over the years.  I don't have much interest in organizational politics, so I've never asked anything about it.

Almost sounds like we have a little 'House of Cards' Frank and Claire Underwood thing going on here!!  ;)

You beat me to it Kalen! 😊
Atb

Brad Treadwell

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2016, 01:32:49 AM »
This thread seems to have lost the plot...

Matthew Essig

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2016, 03:34:35 AM »
I still can't get over how poorly the USGA President represented the organization during the trophy ceremony.

I thought she represented the organization perfectly

I can't stop laughing at this comment. Was there a single sentence in her speech that actually made neat grammatical sense? I think not.

My son, watching only due to Father's day obligation, looked at me in disbelief and said (among numerous other things)
"that's the President?"
I kept waiting for Judge Smails to come out and defend her

Trying to think of what she said. "Oakmont performed a great venue" was a good one.

I still can't figure out how many of the following apply:
A) she has no public speaking skills
B) she has atrocious stage fright
C) she drank WAY too much
D) she took too many meds
E) she had a minor stroke minutes before the ceremony
F) some other condition/state not mentioned
"Good GCA should offer an interesting golfing challenge to the golfer not a difficult golfing challenge." Jon Wiggett

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back