News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Eric Smith

Dunvegan Hotel (St Andrews)
« on: June 12, 2016, 01:59:55 PM »
... is on the market officially tomorrow. Just noticed a post from Sheena Willoughby that she and husband Jack are selling after 23 years of owning and operating the Dunvegan.

I am looking forward to staying there next month, along with a slew of GCAers, on our pilgrimage to St Andrews. Who knows, maybe someone here will step up to the plate. ;)

Marty Bonnar

Re: Dunvegan Hotel (St Andrews)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 04:21:35 PM »
I'm in for £5G's.

F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 06:11:47 PM »
Sheena is the best.  A year ago I was in St Andrews for the first time in seven years.  I walk into the bar and she says, "Where have you been?"    I'm always happy in St Andrews.

Phil McDade

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 09:15:00 PM »
Ordered a pint at the bar the week before the Open at Carnoustie in 1999 (with a lot of players staying in St. Andrews). Turned around and the chap next to me said: "Hello. How are you?" It was Nick Price.

David_Tepper

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 05:31:03 PM »
Speaking of the Dunvegan, Ru Macdonald did a nice podcast at the end of April with Jack Willoughby about his time and experiences at the Dunvegan.

http://scottishgolfpodcast.com/episode-92/

John Crowley

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 10:17:29 PM »
Speaking of the Dunvegan, Ru Macdonald did a nice podcast at the end of April with Jack Willoughby about his time and experiences at the Dunvegan.

http://scottishgolfpodcast.com/episode-92/

David,
Thanks for the link and all the other world golf news you find for us on a regular basis.
John

Howard Riefs

"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

BHoover

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 05:53:33 PM »
Brian Finn, Keith O'Halloran, and I submitted a bid. Alas, ours was not successful.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back