News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve Wilson

Golspie
« on: May 17, 2016, 07:05:17 AM »
Looks like I'm going to be in and around Golspie until early June so if anyone is interested in trying to arrange a game in that span I have six rounds at the low low rate of £10 per.  If you haven't seen Golspie this is an excellent chance to do.   And even of you have it's in terrific shape playing fast firm with green that are quite quick and true.  Just contact me through the site.

Some days you play golf, some days you find things.

I'm not really registered, but I couldn't find a symbol for certifiable.

"Every good drive by a high handicapper will be punished..."  Garland Bailey at the BUDA in sharing with me what the better player should always remember.

David_Tepper

Re: Golspie
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 08:35:18 AM »
Steve -

I played Golspie yesterday for the 3rd time in the past 10 days. Yes, it is in fine shape for this early in the season. I am here till early June as well. Message me here or phone me at 01862-810583.

DT

Bill_McBride

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 09:19:51 AM »
The course has recovered from the winter storm damage?    Steve should try to hook up with David's friend Johhny Brown (is that correct?), had a good match with the club members during my Cat Herding tour in 2008. Golspie is great, love the transitions from beach front to meadow to forest.  And some stout par 3s and exciting short par 4s. 

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 04:26:29 PM »
I was up there and played 18 today. Course playing very firm with fairways in great condition and tees like concrete. Very enjoyable and worth playing.

Jon

David_Tepper

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 09:31:37 AM »
Video flyover of the course. Very dramatic music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5BDjd6-BCY

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 09:44:30 AM »

My wife overheard the music as I was watching the video and said, "What is that... Braveheart?"  ;D
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Steve Wilson

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 02:28:38 PM »
David T, Rich G.
I now have a phone 447391642263

Some days you play golf, some days you find things.

I'm not really registered, but I couldn't find a symbol for certifiable.

"Every good drive by a high handicapper will be punished..."  Garland Bailey at the BUDA in sharing with me what the better player should always remember.

jeffwarne

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 06:18:12 PM »

My wife overheard the music as I was watching the video and said, "What is that... Braveheart?"  ;D

+1
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back