News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Peter Kelly

Wilshire CC in LA has had them for a few years now, due to the efforts of a gca member.
Ben, in addition to Wilshire, Oakmont CC in Glendale, CA and Hacienda GC in La Habra Heights also should be on the CA list. As an update on Wilshire, we added push carts in September 2013. They've been very popular and the original "fleet" has increased from 12 to 22. In the most recent rolling 12 months ending April '16 our riding cart revenues have been down about 12% while total rounds played are up about 11% so the push carts have played a major role in reviving the walking culture at Wilshire. The lease on our riding carts expires in October and we expect to reduce that fleet by 10-15%. Those numbers are definitely going in the right direction.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 03:45:23 PM by Peter Kelly »

Peter Pallotta

Get over your need for 14 clubs and you will see the lameness of the trolley.
I'm trying to play with 10, which fit nicely in a sun mountain carry bag --but I'm not that good yet.  Of course, if I got a set of PXGs, you bet I'd be carrying every single one, all 14...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 05:02:51 PM by Peter Pallotta »

Bill_McBride

In Oregon:  Portland Golf Club

Columbia-Edgewater must have 50 near the golf shop.  Waverly had them too.

BHoover

Get over your need for 14 clubs and you will see the lameness of the trolley.
I'm trying to play with 10, which fit nicely in a sun mountain carry bag --but I'm not that good yet.  Of course, if I got a set of PXGs, you bet I'd be carrying every single one, all 14...

Iron covers as well to protect your investment in the PXGs?

Peter Pallotta

B - one of us, John K or me, may have recently purchased a set of PXGs.  The one of us who might have purchased that set of ultra modern, ultra seek, score-making machines could be the kind to protect his investment with iron covers, but only if the PXG logo was splashed prominently across each one...

John Kavanaugh

None of my 5 PXG headcovers remain on my set. Not so much because I don't want to brag as much as I don't trust the people who hang around golf. Golf thieves are 1%'ers by nature, they only steal from the .001ers.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 08:05:52 PM by John Kavanaugh »

Steve Lang

8)  back on topic...

TX: The Woodlands CC
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Peter Pallotta

None of my 5 PXG headcovers remain on my set. Not so much because I don't want to brag as much as I don't trust the people who hang around golf. Golf thieves are 1%'ers by nature, they only steal from the .001ers.
:)
I remember your "I hate Golfers" thread...and that's even with playing nothing but privates!

Andy Shulman

You can add Pasatiempo to the California section of the list.  I just used a trolley there in March.

Phil Lipper

You can add Tuxedo in NY to the list

Joe Melchiors

Figured Illinois should at least have one listed...   Chicago Highlands has pullcarts anytime

-Joe

Jason Thurman

I am literally not aware of a public course in Kentucky that doesn't allow them, aside from the Marriott resort course at Griffin Gate which is the only course in the state I can think of that doesn't allow walking. There are no $100 public courses in Kentucky, but the high end publics include Eagle Ridge, Hidden Cove, Old Silo, and Dale Hollow. You can push to your heart's content or arrest at any of those fine layouts.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Chris Cupit

Rivermont GC

Dave Givnish

Virginia - Farmington CC in Charlottesville

Jeff Bergeron

As it should be. Can we talk about some swampland in FL?

Cliff Hamm

Whitinsville

Stewart Abramson

CC of Darien (CT)

BCowan

Thanks to everyone who posted and PMed courses for the thread.  Keep em coming

jim_lewis

Forest Creek Golf Club and Country Club of NC both offer pull carts for rental.
"Crusty"  Jim
Freelance Curmudgeon

JJShanley

Do Americans use battery powered trolleys?  I don't think I've ever seen one over here, but you see them all the time in Scotland.

Daryl David

Do Americans use battery powered trolleys?  I don't think I've ever seen one over here, but you see them all the time in Scotland.

I own two. Moto Caddies. Work great.

Mike_Trenham

Sakonnet in Little Compton Rhode Island had them 15 years ago
Proud member of a Doak 3.

Mike Sweeney

Forgot Southampton GC.
"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us."

Dr. Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

Jerry Kluger

I was in the Hilton Head area last week and Long Cove, Harbour Town and Chechessee Creek all had push carts.  I played Desert Forest in Scottsdale after a big rain storm and they had electric push carts for us to use.

Josh Stevens

So what do they do if you just walk off down the first fairway whistling a jaunty tune?  Are there armed guards or such like?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back