News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Garland Bayley

Re: Iowa/Minnesota/Wisconsin in Confidential Guide Vol. 3
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2016, 01:52:16 PM »
Trent Jones doesn't make Gourmet's Choice? All meat and potatoes there?

However, it was the opposite problem for Mr. Jones' courses -- I did not feel that one of them stood apart to the point that it was a favorite.  It's possible that will change in Volume 4; I have yet to see his best courses on the Continent, and I might find one that I really like.  But, seriously, which of Mr. Jones' courses ought to replace one of the choices for Volume 3, when we couldn't even find space for Pine Valley?

Peachtree

Is this Vol 2 or Vol 3?

Montauk Downs?
Firestone North?
Robert Trent Jones?

have you played any of those courses?

Which part of ? didn't you understand?

?

;)

I just don't see much value in choosing Merion, and Oakmont for gourmet's choice (not much choice there) while ignoring RTJ, but then I am not buying the books so I can be ignored (which would be nothing new).

"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Bill Seitz

« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2016, 01:08:26 AM »
Who does the email come from?

I think I got an email from Brian Lewis last time.  Haven't gotten an email about this volume yet, though I'm pretty sure I pre-ordered the whole set.  Not sure if he's still working for Tom.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2016, 07:10:00 AM »
Who does the email come from?

I think I got an email from Brian Lewis last time.  Haven't gotten an email about this volume yet, though I'm pretty sure I pre-ordered the whole set.  Not sure if he's still working for Tom.

He is.  And Brian is swamped right now, as something like 50% of the credit card numbers we have on file have been rejected, either due to a card change or an address change.  He will be through the list of those who have ordered the full set by the end of the day today, and then start contacting everyone whose card was declined.  It seems like phone is the only secure way to do it, since Mrs. Clinton has assured us the Russians can hack our email in nanoseconds.

Meanwhile, the first batch of books will go in the mail today, after being packaged up yesterday.  But since the women's golf team has to play the state finals this weekend, it will be another week before they can get back to package up more.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back