News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ronald Montesano

I will play Buffalo Creek at 2 pm this upcoming Sunday. If you are in the area and wish to tee it up, let me know via PM.

RM
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

John Kavanaugh

Re: Openings: Buffalo Creek golf course in Palmetto, FL-2/14 at 2 PM
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 03:11:48 PM »
Ron,

Do you book all four slots at 2 PM and then cancel if no one shows up? I just checked GolfNow and the 2 PM slot is not available. I'm only curious because this weekend was the first time I had used GolfNow to predict where I should play. I ended being paired with a wonderful couple from Midland Hills who had never heard of the Seth Raynor Society but loved discussing their course and architect. I may try it again someday.

Oh, and thanks for the heads up but I will not be spending Valentines day in Florida. If I send you a Vermont Teddybear will you take a pic with him on the first tee?

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 03:21:49 PM »
I'd prefer to answer via PM, but I'm blocked.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 03:22:39 PM »
I'd prefer to answer via PM, but I'm blocked.

You are not alone.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 07:19:28 PM »
Best possible answer. I salute you.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 09:58:59 PM »
I'm of two minds after playing Buffalo Creek. It's a Ron Garl design near Bradenton, FL and plays over a flat but interesting piece of land. The fairways were undulating, so a flat lie was a rarety. The greens were firm and fast, so balls that landed on them had a tendency to shoot to the back. The wind was an important element and the forced carries were limited to 1 or 2 drives and 3 par three holes (none of which was longer than 190 from the tips.) In other words, it was strategically a great course. The 2nd green even sat high on a plateau, reminding me a bit of the rise to the 6th green at Pacific Dunes.

So what's the problem? I had an impossible time running the ball onto the green, because the run-ups to the greens were moist. Any shot that landed 5-10 yards short would hit and stop, while balls that landed on the green would bound over. I was grinding my gears for the first 7 holes, trying to figure it out. That's when it hit me.

I'd encourage any one in the Bradenton area to play Buffalo Creek and let me know if I'm nuts or sane.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back