News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Chris Mavros

Biloxi/surrounding area Course Recommendation
« on: October 27, 2015, 09:55:03 PM »
I will be in the area soon and have time for one round.  I am looking at Grand Bear, The Preserve or Shell Landing, but Windance or the Bridges seem to be highly regarded by Golfweek.  As Disneyworld with the family looms the following week, I'm avoiding Fallen Oak's high green fee. 

If you could play one round in the Biloxi and surrounding area (other than FO), which would it be?

Jason Topp

Re: Biloxi/surrounding area Course Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 12:20:39 AM »
Chris. I haven't seen The Bridges or Windance but the other three are relatively interchangeable.  I enjoyed the all but none come close to Fallen Oak.  I would shop based on price.  If forced to pick one I might choose the Preserve. 

Tom Fagerli

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 06:52:47 AM »
I have played Bridges, Grand Bear, Shell Landing. Grand Bear by far the best, followed by Shell. I would not go back to Bridges. Another option is The Oaks. Very enjoyable.

Chris DeToro

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 08:09:10 AM »
Grand Bear was good.  I played Great Southern many years ago now and it was damaged by Katrina but I remember it being interesting.  It's a Donald Ross that overlooks the Gulf.  From what I understand, they have invested in the course since my visit in 2007

Chris Mavros

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 09:09:18 PM »
Thanks for all the input, guys.  Based on a few logistical issues and suggestions, I decided on Oaks.  I will say that there is a nice collection of courses in this area and I would love to get back down here when I have more time.  I will post my thoughts/photos on the course soon. 

Sam Morrow

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 09:00:05 AM »
I'd skip The Oaks.

Chris Mavros

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 09:25:51 AM »
I'd skip The Oaks.

Sam, why would you skip and where would you suggest? 

Sam Morrow

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 09:29:34 AM »
The course is kinda crappy. Windance is a little better. Preserve is very good, as is Grand Bear. I'd like to see Shell Landing again. Great Southern is a blast. Any of those would be a better option

Jason Topp

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 03:59:15 PM »
I'd skip The Oaks.

Sam, why would you skip and where would you suggest?
Completely agree with Sam.  We played together in a shotgun.  The first green we played seemed really interesting - a sort of two tiered affair with the front half higher than the back.  We then played to the same green over and over again.  The course was in good condition but had nothing memorable otherwise.  I would consider it a Doak 4 type course - better  than average but worse than the options I listed in my earlier post.  Your will find far more creative courses elsewhere.

Chris Mavros

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2015, 07:54:09 PM »
Thanks, guys.  I will try to make it to Grand Bear instead. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back