News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ian Mackenzie

Re: Best Back to Back….
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2015, 08:56:46 AM »
Royal County Down in the am...Ardglass in the pm.

Preceded by Portmarnock. In between played European Club, but will refrain from editorials because I though Pat Ruddy was such a nice guy.

Carr Harris

« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2015, 09:56:04 AM »
In a couple weeks I'm playing Camargo and Trump Scotland back to back. that has to win points for originality/strangeness if nothing else.

Will Stockert

« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2015, 11:48:11 AM »
OK, this past Sunday (Sept. 20) I played The Golf Club in Columbus, OH.  That afternoon I drove to N. Michigan (450 miles) and played Crystal Downs the next morning!  Pretty hard to beat. 

Followed that up with an afternoon round at Arcadia and then Kingsley the next morning.  Not a bad trip!

That's a pretty wonderful trip, Will.  I did the Arcadia and Kingsley combo earlier this summer (and thought that was impressive on it's own), and have swung through Harbor Shores in Benton Harbor a few days later on my way back to Chicago.  However, that doesn't come close to adding Crystal or TGC to a trip!  Perhaps one of my many trips up to the Glen Arbor/Traverse area with my fiancee' will result in a round at Crystal at some point in the future! (A guy can dream  :) )

For this scoring system the highest score I can come up with is 18 at Beverly CC in Chicago followed by 36 at Fallen Oak in Mississippi just 5 days later.  I haven't double checked my calculations for this system but I'm pretty sure it makes out to 95,000 points.

RickV

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2015, 04:50:06 PM »
I didn't play 36 on any one day but in July played Winged Foot, Pikewood National, Oakmont, P.V., Merion Aronimink, Garden City and Shinnecock  on consecutive days

Matt OBrien

« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2015, 05:44:25 PM »
Played Pine Valley in the morning and NGLA in the afternoon. Shinnecock the next morning and back to Aronimink the same afternoon. Those were 2 long days

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2015, 05:41:42 PM »
James,

For your effort, consider yourself graduated from M.I.T. ;D

Please don't demote me.  I have an engineering degree from Penn State!

James,

That's a step up for some.

You've gone from a "Moron in Training" (M.I.T.) to a full fledged moron. ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back