News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Whitaker

Re: BUDA Cup 2016 - Carne & Enniscrone - Full Details Posted!
« Reply #150 on: January 15, 2016, 11:06:34 PM »
Ally - count me in for all. Thanks!!!
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Garland Bayley

« Reply #151 on: January 15, 2016, 11:37:56 PM »
Ally,

I would like to do the 36 at Rosses and Strandhill.

Garland

"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Thomas Dai

« Reply #152 on: January 16, 2016, 01:29:46 PM »
For those who are thinking of venturing into Donegal after Buda and/or wish to experience another cultural aspect on the trip, there's a jazz and blues festival in delightful Dunfanaghy village from Thurs 8th to Mon 12th Sept - forvmore details see - http://www.dunfanaghyjazzandblues.com

Very nice and picturesque village. Nice golf course too - see -http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,49256.0.html

Atb

jeffwarne

« Reply #153 on: January 16, 2016, 02:09:19 PM »
For those who are thinking of venturing into Donegal after Buda and/or wish to experience another cultural aspect on the trip, there's a jazz and blues festival in delightful Dunfanaghy village from Thurs 8th to Mon 12th Sept - forvmore details see - http://www.dunfanaghyjazzandblues.com

Very nice and picturesque village. Nice golf course too - see -http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,49256.0.html

Atb

I can highly recommend both the golf and the festival in Dunfanaghy, though I wouldn't plan any golf the morning after the festival...
Do NOT drive into the town for the festival-take a cab. The bus/cab system they employ is nearly as much fun as the festival  ;) ;D
Rivals Dingle as the most fun town in Ireland (that week at least)

"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

RJ_Daley

« Reply #154 on: January 16, 2016, 08:22:23 PM »
Dunfanaghy sounds like a very likely place to linger after Buda.  I imagine the lodging is already booked.  I'm looking at it now...
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #155 on: January 19, 2016, 11:07:59 AM »

Final thing is its Ladies Day so tee times are at 10.22 onwards. That said, I already notice that doesn't suit a few of you so the GM reckoned he could get you out first thing (8.00) so that means getting to Rosses Point on the Monday night and staying there - a lovely little village with a decent pub so no bad thing.

Ally

Well that has certainly confused matters somewhat. Cheers Ally!

For those of you not wanting to play Rosses Point on Tuesday at 8am , the recommendation remains to stay in Enniscrone on Monday night. After a 36 hole day you may just relish not having to drive for an hour to Rosses Point. Even if you do want to play on Tuesday, it is only an hour in the car, so you can get up and be off by 06:30 and will still be there in time for a bacon roll.
2024: Royal St. David's; Mill Ride; Milford; Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Addington, Parkstone, Denham, Thurlestone, Dartmouth

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #156 on: January 19, 2016, 01:53:24 PM »

Apologies, chief.

Staying in Enniscrone sounds like the order of the day if folks are happy to get on the road at 6.30ish

Final thing is its Ladies Day so tee times are at 10.22 onwards. That said, I already notice that doesn't suit a few of you so the GM reckoned he could get you out first thing (8.00) so that means getting to Rosses Point on the Monday night and staying there - a lovely little village with a decent pub so no bad thing.

Ally

Well that has certainly confused matters somewhat. Cheers Ally!

For those of you not wanting to play Rosses Point on Tuesday at 8am , the recommendation remains to stay in Enniscrone on Monday night. After a 36 hole day you may just relish not having to drive for an hour to Rosses Point. Even if you do want to play on Tuesday, it is only an hour in the car, so you can get up and be off by 06:30 and will still be there in time for a bacon roll.

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #157 on: January 20, 2016, 07:52:25 PM »
This is shaping up to be a great event. Not sure how much of everything I can do, but I'll work hard in the coming months to get myself in shape. My goal is to last long enough to exhaust my wife's patience, but not longer :)

Ulrich
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #158 on: February 05, 2016, 04:37:02 AM »
Sadly, Bill McBride has had to withdraw.

We'll miss you Bill.

This means another double room has become available in the Talbot Hotel.

Initial post updated.
2024: Royal St. David's; Mill Ride; Milford; Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Addington, Parkstone, Denham, Thurlestone, Dartmouth

Rich Goodale

« Reply #159 on: March 15, 2016, 10:33:13 AM »
Robin/Ally

Please note that Josie Goodale is not an American, although she would deign to play with us Yanks, if so required.

Rich
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #160 on: March 28, 2016, 05:42:30 AM »
Who would you like to see at Buda, who isn't already booked in?

Sean Able (don't pull a Sean Unable on us), Donal o' SomethinIrish, David Davis (there's a proper name!), Weird Peyronnin (or was it Walt? Who knows...).

What was the name of the Canadian lawyer, who kept on bailing me out in Foursomes?

Ulrich

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #161 on: March 28, 2016, 06:38:44 AM »
Finalizing details but it looks like this old guy is going to join you. 

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #162 on: March 28, 2016, 10:42:42 AM »

Sean Able (don't pull a Sean Unable on us), Donal o' SomethinIrish, David Davis (there's a proper name!), Weird Peyronnin (or was it Walt? Who knows...).

What was the name of the Canadian lawyer, who kept on bailing me out in Foursomes?

Ulrich

I'd like to see Drinkin' Joe... although, I think he was renamed Dancin' Joe.  ;D
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Garland Bayley

« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2016, 11:37:50 AM »
Why do you want all those old fogeys? I would like to see Alex Miller, Tom Huckaby, heck, even Kalen Braley
 ;)
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Bill_McBride

« Reply #164 on: March 28, 2016, 11:51:57 AM »

Ulrich

The Hon. Robert Jenkins!

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #165 on: March 28, 2016, 12:41:08 PM »
I'm so bad with names, but still a lot better than with faces!

Ulrich

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #166 on: April 02, 2016, 05:39:54 AM »
Robin/Ally

Please note that Josie Goodale is not an American, although she would deign to play with us Yanks, if so required.

Rich

Sorry Rich

I should know that. I've met Josie!

Happy to welcome Jerry Kluger to the fold.

Still some rooms available in the Talbot.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #167 on: April 02, 2016, 11:25:19 AM »

Ulrich

The Hon. Robert Jenkins!

He almost killed Mayday Malone and me at Rye when he didn't know to listen for the bell behind the 13th green and whistled one over our heads as we putted out!

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #168 on: April 02, 2016, 02:19:17 PM »
Well, if the Hon. Mr. Jenkins would not come, then Mr. Malone and yourself appear to be safe - can we reckon with your company?

Ulrich

Bill_McBride

« Reply #169 on: April 02, 2016, 02:23:10 PM »
Well, if the Hon. Mr. Jenkins would not come, then Mr. Malone and yourself appear to be safe - can we reckon with your company?

Ulrich
Sadly I think neither of us is coming, although I can only speak for myself. 

RJ_Daley

« Reply #170 on: May 17, 2016, 09:50:28 PM »
I'm bringing up this thread, in case some of the gang are still considering it.   I just finished booking my outer edges of another epic trip, arriving Dublin Aug 30, booked at Talbot Sept 1-4, Ocean Sands 5-6.  Then I am going to tour about the north.  I am going to Dunfanghy Jazz for at least one day, then will look into a round at Portrush if a tourist can do so without a member sponsor.  I'm looking at another hop over to Scotland through about Sept 19-20, then ship clubs home and on to Italy until Oct 2, returning to Dublin for the back haul to U.S. on Oct 4.  If I can rent a car in Glasgow and drop it in EDI, I might do that and even give Ryan Air another chance to screw me around on flight DUB to Glasgow or EDI.  I'll be using Luggage Forward again to get my clubs back home from Scotland.  They do a great job! 

Maybe I can still talk someone from 5th Major to join in on Buda.  There will be plenty of time to book it from early July until early Aug and still get decent advance purchase airfares.  I feel like I got a good price, several hundred less than last years RT Green Bay-Dublin.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Sean_A

« Reply #171 on: May 18, 2016, 03:54:38 AM »

Ulrich

S Unable is unable to make it this year...Buda is on a holiday weekend in the US which is where I shall be. Looks like a good trip...have fun. 

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

David Davis

« Reply #172 on: May 18, 2016, 05:15:45 AM »

Ulrich

Ulrich,

I love those courses so would love to join but my youngest daughter Indy's dream is to see Billy Joel in concert - lord knows why (she's 15)... So exactly the weekend of Buda he is playing in Frankfurt, the first concert he has given in Europe in ages. He's not the youngest any longer. So I will be visiting your home while you are off playing in Ireland.

I don't mind a trip to Frankfurt without golf, the alternative would be to take her to Madison Square Garden in NY to see him. That would be far too painful a place to go without golf.

I'm sure everyone will have a brilliant time!

Sharing the greatest experiences in golf.

IG: @top100golftraveler
www.lockharttravelclub.com

Garland Bayley

« Reply #173 on: May 18, 2016, 09:41:25 PM »
... then will look into a round at Portrush if a tourist can do so without a member sponsor.  ...

They allow unaccompanied play. I tried hard to get a 36 hole day there like we had at Porthcawl in 2014. Unfortunately, they seem to be too popular to fit us in for 36 as there are not enough tee times available. We will be playing 36 at the Valley Course, which I look forward to a lot. Playing there about the 20th (won't take time to look it up.)

RJ_Daley

« Reply #174 on: May 18, 2016, 10:05:41 PM »
I will probably only stay in Ireland until about 14th.  Thanks for the info.  I'd better look into it soon.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back