News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom_Doak

Did Jordan Spieth Win The Open on Friday Night?
« on: June 22, 2015, 12:04:35 PM »
reposted to Please, Please USGA thread
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 12:08:39 PM by Tom_Doak »

Tom_Doak

Re: Did Jordan Spieth Win The Open on Friday Night?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 12:08:12 PM »
Oh, sorry, I did not see that John Kavanaugh had raised much of this same issue by threadjacking the "Please, Please UGSA" thread.  I'll repost my comment there.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 12:21:04 PM »
Funny, I had just decided not to post on this thread because your credibility trumps my insight.  I wanted to see where it would go.

Not that I like to brag on myself but I also posted on another thread as Justin was teeing off that Davis had taken him out of the championship with the set up.  That three shot swing on 17 almost proved me wrong.

The real story will be how many majors will Spieth need to win before we go back to the long ball set ups.  Oh boy, that win made the right people a ton of money.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 01:20:21 PM »
Sure, all the insider and smart money was put down on the incredible long shot odds of Louis or Adam coming from a million shots behind to overcome DJs length advantage... Reality TV golf made for the improbable sensational theater.  Who is making this stuff up JK, you or Fox news conspiratorists with so much talent and experience of raising the goyem's suspicious natures? Maye it is the new trend sweeping the nation of giving the little guy a break and take it out of the 1%er long drivers advantage?  ;) :o

IMHO, Davis used the flexibility that the original intent of the design that was sought before they stuck a shovel in the ground.  And, if I recall, that is what all the mavens were calling for from USGA regarding the endless schlog courses they were confined to and mindset to set up in all the past years.  It doesn't have a damn thing to do with pre-picking a likley winner by flexing the distances and par profile. 
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 01:29:26 PM »
Tiger proofing was real and it was bad for the good of the game.  Those days and the long bombing behemoths created in the gym to fight it are out.  Goodness and family is the flavor of the day now.  We will all be better for it. 

Carl Nichols

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 01:31:11 PM »
Tiger proofing was real and it was bad for the good of the game.  Those days and the long bombing behemoths created in the gym to fight it are out.  Goodness and family is the flavor of the day now.  We will all be better for it.

Did you know Dustin was a father?  I didn't.  . . .

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 01:34:43 PM »
Yea, his wife really did him proud by cuckolding him on national tv at what may be the lowest point in his life.  Unforgivable.

Craig Sweet

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 04:42:35 PM »
I didn't think they were married.....yet.
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back