News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Robin_Hiseman

Mike Strantz interview on you tube
« on: May 03, 2015, 06:54:38 AM »
http://youtu.be/O69mjN0csps

It is only 2 minutes long, but this is the only video footage of a Strantz interview I have yet found. With only 47 views so far, I doubt you fellas were aware of it either, so I hope it will be of interest.
2024: Royal St. David's; Mill Ride; Milford; JCB, Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Addington, Parkstone, Denham, Thurlestone, Dartmouth, Rustic Canyon, LACC (North), MPCC (Shore), Cal Club, San Francisco

Neil White

Re: Mike Strantz interview on you tube
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 10:09:48 AM »
Cheers for this Robin.

There is a further 4 min video where he discusses a 2002 remodel, as well another three videos with him discussing alterations to Silver Creek Golf Club - these are available by clicking on the uploaders - 'ArtietheK' - image.

Jeff Doerr

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 02:53:05 PM »
Thanks. I really wish we had Mike with us for a longer time.
"And so," (concluded the Oldest Member), "you see that golf can be of
the greatest practical assistance to a man in Life's struggle.”

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 04:13:28 PM »
Really wish we had footage of him talking about his original designs.

WW

Tom_Doak

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 05:13:19 PM »
I was part of a speaking program put on by the local superintendents' association in Myrtle Beach 15-20 years ago at which Mike spoke extensively about his work [for probably half an hour].  I don't know if anyone taped it all but it's worth checking on. 

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 07:15:36 PM »
I was part of a speaking program put on by the local superintendents' association in Myrtle Beach 15-20 years ago at which Mike spoke extensively about his work [for probably half an hour].  I don't know if anyone taped it all but it's worth checking on. 

I have a good friend who is a past president of the MB superintendent's association... I'll check with him.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 09:08:19 AM »
We can't locate anything on the Strantz presentation or the meeting. None of the supers in the area remember anything about this. Still have a few feelers out, but we're not too optimistic at this point.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back