News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom_Doak

Photographs for Volumes 2 & 3 - The Confidential Guide
« on: November 05, 2014, 07:29:06 PM »
With Volume 1 of The Confidential Guide now being delivered, we are starting the process of sourcing photos for Volumes 2 & 3.

The deal will be the same as before:  anyone who contributes a photo used in the book will receive a free autographed copy of the book, plus the right to purchase more copies at half the list price.

I don't want to be completely inundated with photos.  There will be about 100 photos in each book and half will probably come from my collection and Ran's, so I would ask you to be your own editors, and limit your submissions to three (3) photos you've taken that best capture the character of courses that you enjoyed.  That's three photos PER PERSON -- not three per course!  I may come back and seek photos of particular courses later, after I've got more of the layout done.

Volumes 2 and 3 cover the entire United States, Canada, the Caribbean, Central America, and South America, so there are a LOT of courses to review here.  It's possible that your favorite photo will be of a course we haven't seen, but submit it anyway … maybe it will inspire us to get there and include it in the book.

Submissions for the book should be made to my gmail address, which is confguidegolf@gmail.com   

Thanks for your help.

David_Elvins

Re: Photographs for Volumes 2 & 3 - The Confidential Guide
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 04:22:35 AM »
three (3) photos you've taken that best capture the character of courses that you enjoyed.

Tom,
Does this mean that you do not want photos of any course that was not enjoyed? Nothing that shows the character of a "doak 0"?
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 05:47:10 AM »
three (3) photos you've taken that best capture the character of courses that you enjoyed.

Tom,
Does this mean that you do not want photos of any course that was not enjoyed? Nothing that shows the character of a "doak 0"?

I figure the photos help get people excited to see a course, so I'd rather focus on the courses we think people should get excited about.  But, if you have a great photo of a course that's a zero, and you really want to send that one, send it.

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 06:42:05 AM »
That's three photos PER PERSON -- not three per course! 

aka the Bausch-Saltzman Rule!  ;D ;D
Charlotte. Daniel. Olivia. Josephine. Ana. Dylan. Madeleine. Catherine. Chase. Jesse. James. Grace. Emilie. Jack. Noah. Caroline. Jessica. Benjamin. Avielle. Allison.

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 07:34:12 AM »

clogging up the cloud worldwide?
We have a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 09:27:08 AM »
I'm saddened to not be mentioned along with Joe and Mark...we are kindred souls.

We will continue to shoot images while not playing slowly and we will continue to post them here.

To mangle the Counting Crows, "You don't know what you've got till it's gone...paved paradise...posted a photo-less thread."

#Bausch
#Saltzy
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Mark Saltzman

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 09:49:58 AM »

Interestingly (or not), the Rule has led me to not contribute any photos. I have tens of thousands of photos and can't be bothered to look through them and have no idea which ones Tom would want. If he gets to the point where he is looking for photos from certain courses, I'm happy to send him what I have.

Tim Bert

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 03:39:24 PM »

Interestingly (or not), the Rule has led me to not contribute any photos. I have tens of thousands of photos and can't be bothered to look through them and have no idea which ones Tom would want. If he gets to the point where he is looking for photos from certain courses, I'm happy to send him what I have.

You have no subset of favorite photos?  I enjoy your photos as much as the next guy but this seems pretty lazy. Go out on a limb and take a chance with your best work. 

Here's hoping that when Tom does ask for specific courses he only follows up with those that could be bothered to assist with his original request.

Mark Saltzman

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 03:51:04 PM »

aka the Bausch-Saltzman Rule!  ;D ;D

You have no subset of favorite photos?  I enjoy your photos as much as the next guy but this seems pretty lazy. Go out on a limb and take a chance with your best work.  

Here's hoping that when Tom does ask for specific courses he only follows up with those that could be bothered to assist with his original request.

Thanks Tim for the post.  
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 04:52:16 PM by Mark Saltzman »

Tom_Doak

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 04:02:12 PM »

Mark:

That's fine with me.  I didn't see the point of listing 150 or 200 courses and asking for multiple photos of each of them.  I thought I would start with everyone's favorite photos first, and see where that leaves us.  I suspect you have many great photos of places that others haven't got, and it would be better to ask you for some of those, once I see where I need them.  So I hope to be in touch with you in 3-4 months' time after that becomes apparent.

Mark Saltzman

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 04:07:48 PM »

Mark:

That's fine with me.  I didn't see the point of listing 150 or 200 courses and asking for multiple photos of each of them.  I thought I would start with everyone's favorite photos first, and see where that leaves us.  I suspect you have many great photos of places that others haven't got, and it would be better to ask you for some of those, once I see where I need them.  So I hope to be in touch with you in 3-4 months' time after that becomes apparent.

Thanks, Tom.  Like I said, I'm happy to contribute what I have...

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 09:57:48 PM »
Come on Mark and Joe toss your pics into the ring. If I can get one published you guys should be a lock.

Besides you get a great book as a reward.
We have a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you.

MClutterbuck

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2014, 06:58:41 PM »
Tom, let me know if you have any particular interest in any course in Argentina (or Uruguay).

M

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back