News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

astavrides

Re: Another one soon to bite the dust
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2014, 11:07:41 PM »
32.50 per hour for something you enjoy doing... Don't see the problem.

...said the director of golf at a place where green fees are $365.

Alex, how are the fees at our resort relevant to this discussion? Or are you just trying to be a wise ass?

And by the way you could have played today for $115 USD

Compared to paying $365, $130 doesn't seem like a problem. For the locals who could maybe play a $20 course, and might not be able to spend $32.50 per hour on recreation, $130 is a problem.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 11:11:04 PM by astavrides »

Greg Tallman

« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2014, 11:54:49 PM »
32.50 per hour for something you enjoy doing... Don't see the problem.

...said the director of golf at a place where green fees are $365.

Alex, how are the fees at our resort relevant to this discussion? Or are you just trying to be a wise ass?

And by the way you could have played today for $115 USD

Compared to paying $365, $130 doesn't seem like a problem. For the locals who could maybe play a $20 course, and might not be able to spend $32.50 per hour on recreation, $130 is a problem.

What does a top flight spa experience in that area cost?

Ironic I am defending a course in that area as when someone complains (versus a cheap shot on a golf website) about our fees I often comment "it's not like we are in Dubuque, Iowa"

Jeff Shelman

« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2014, 12:08:23 AM »
I have played The Harvester a few times, but haven't in recent years in large part because of the price tag.

Most of my Iowa golf trips have been very early in the season prior to courses in Minnesota opening. Because of that, I have opted for less expensive options as it is pretty clear that things aren't going to be in great shape.

I hope they make it.

Chris DeToro

« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2014, 07:36:37 AM »
$130 in a non-resort, non-major metro area and for a course that, while it's appreciated here, hasn't held any tour event that would make it a destination for a casual player, is steep

Josh Tarble

« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2014, 09:23:49 AM »
That's unfortunate for the Harvester.  Jason has always had high praise for the course and the pictures I've seen I can see why.

To me it looks a lot like Trophy Club here in Indianapolis and sounds like similar location.  I think Trophy Club is an excellent course.  But I've never paid more than $40 to play it.  It's too far away from anything to justify any more and if they were charging even $100 it would receive next to zero play. 

The golf industry seems to be an industry based on pure hope.  The business model sounds insane, one that would never make it off the ground in any other industry.

David Schofield

« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2014, 11:50:42 PM »
They dumped a bunch of money into reconstructing the parking lot last year to make it smaller.  When I asked about it they said that they realized that they didn't need that much parking.  They evidently picked the symptom rather than the cause to attack.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back