News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kevin_Keeley

What's with the Barefoot ruins?
« on: August 22, 2003, 12:01:14 PM »
The new Golf World has a picture of Davis Love's course at Barefoot Landing and these silly ruins right in front of a green and also hiding a big cart path. Were these real or fake? What was Love thinking?

John_Conley

Re:What's with the Barefoot ruins?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2003, 12:05:02 PM »
faux

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2003, 04:36:02 PM »
Kevin - Here's a link to a previous discussion about the ruins at the Love Course at Barefoot Landing. It may shed some light on their design thoughts. http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forums2/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=2841;start=msg55234#msg55234
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

paul cowley

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2003, 08:01:24 PM »
.....michael, thank you for your interest in the 'ruins'...i had not seen the previous posts from last fall , as i was not yet computer literate ,[i have barely achieved computer primative as we speak].......anyway, if you enjoyed the 'ruins' , i am sure you would find our new course ,the 'patriot' at lake greenwood ,[in your backyard] even more so.......it will open late this fall ,but if you would like a preview ,i am still there almost each week......912 222 1616...come on by.
paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2003, 09:34:29 PM »
Paul - I will definitely take you up on your invitation! I have driven by the property twice, but didn't have time to stop and check it out. I'll call you next week and we'll set a date. Thanks!!!
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2003, 10:05:37 PM »
Paul,

I will likely take you up on your offer as well, if it is OK.  John had mentioned that it would be possible when I was talking with him many months back.

What is the official date for opening at this time?

Daryl
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

paul cowley

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2003, 07:00:11 AM »
......turboe and micheal,
   if either or both of you want to come by wed ,that would be great.....i should get there tues evening ,leaving wed by four,or maybe staying till thurs morning ......they had hoped to open in oct , but all the rain and the 'cool' summer temperatures has slowed the grow -in.....they will probably allow limited play this winter ,with the grand opening june or july [4th?].........912 222 1616 call if wed works for yall.......

paul cowley

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2003, 05:08:15 PM »
....looks like tomorrow i will get the opportunity to meet two fellow GCA's in person.........i write this because there has been a suspicious side of me that imagined all that went on here was really an elaborate one man hoax [a modern emerald city ,behind the computer curtain maniac].......mastermined by one T.P. Mucci..........................i'll chill the beer.....do you guys like to shoot off muskets around a camp fire ?......
« Last Edit: August 25, 2003, 05:49:06 PM by paul cowley »

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2003, 07:47:18 PM »
Wow! Guns & beer!! A southern boy's dream date!!!

Don't be so sure it's not all a hoax... wait and see who (or what) shows up on Tuesday. How do we get to Grand Harbor?  Oh, yeah, I remember... follow the yellow brick road.

Ross_Tartan

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2003, 08:06:34 PM »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back