News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ryan Hillenbrand

Club Corp
« on: May 09, 2014, 03:24:33 PM »
My club has a new deal to add a membership to ClubCorp. Supposedly you get 2 free rounds of golf per month to any of their properties. Not a ton of classics, but a few notables are Oak Tree National and Firestone.

Its very reasonable and sounds a little too good to be true. Does anyone have knowledge/experience with this program. Is there a catch?

Ben Hollerbach

Re: Club Corp
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 05:02:03 PM »
My father is a member of a Club Corp course and he will use it when he travels. it seems to be a nice convenience but on the whole doesn't seem to much different that having your club pro call another course for you.

I was unaware Oak Tree National was part of Club Corp. Are you sure its not Oak Tree Country Club? They are right across the street from each other.

Sam Morrow

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 05:28:29 PM »
In the past it had always just been Oak Tree CC which isn't bad but certainly not like National.

Howard Riefs

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 05:41:05 PM »
In turn, are members of other ClubCorp corps open to play on your course? If so, how many rounds does the club expect to host and at what days/times?
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Ryan Hillenbrand

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 05:54:28 PM »
Ben/Sam

Good call - its Oak Tree Country Club. I had no idea there were separate courses with the same name in Edmond.

Paul Carey

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 06:28:25 PM »
Unlike your pro calling another club the clubcorp deal is no greens fees.  I am a member of a clubcorp city club and get that access.  Unfortunately I haven't used it yet.

Ben Hollerbach

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 12:41:57 AM »
Ben/Sam

Good call - its Oak Tree Country Club. I had no idea there were separate courses with the same name in Edmond.

What is now Oak Tree National use to be the men's course at Oak Tree, whereas the family country club was across the street. I'm not sure how intertwined they ever were but It did seem that if you were a member at the men's club you could use the country club but not the other way around. The east course was by far the better of the two Oak Tree CC courses.

Tom ORourke

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 08:15:34 AM »
I am a member at a Club Corp course. We have other CC members show up often and they just get a time like anyone else. It is a good deal. I am in South Carolina. A friend of mine is away right now on a CC trip. Over near Kiawah is Seabrook Island. Two courses. He is playing those with his wife for $21 each. Then over to Hilton Head for three courses at $32 each. There are a number of decent courses and some very good ones. There are 4 courses in the Palm Springs area and guys will do a winter trip there, or go to Daytona and play the LPGA courses. If you take advantage of the higher membership you get access to more courses for less and it does work. You usually pay for just the cart, but are restricted to 2 rounds a month or so.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back