News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ryan Coles

Coore or Crenshaw / Partnerships
« on: March 31, 2014, 05:24:39 PM »
Is it just the "business" that is shared or do they work as a genuine partnership in the field?

Would one be as revered without the other?

My knowledge of them is limited to this site, but it seems that Coore rather than Crenshaw gets much of the credit for their achievements.

Mike Nuzzo

Re: Coore or Crenshaw / Partnerships
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 08:41:09 PM »
After working together for as long and as successfully as they have, it is impossible to separate one's influence from the others work.
Including the teams they've worked with.
I'd guess that Ben was sitting on Bill's shoulder while building Shanqin Bay or Lost Farm.
Cheers
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 11:24:37 PM »
Mike,

I was informed that Ben made one visit to Shanqin Bay, near the end.  Bill, by contract, spent 120 days there in the field.  In general, I have the impression that Ben is more involved than most tour pros who put their name on projects, some while never seeing them even once, or only at opening day. 
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

mike_beene

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 01:59:22 AM »
Just going on the work they are currently doing at my club, they both spend a lot of time on site. Very much an uneducated observation, but it seems like Coore wins the discussions on routing, trees, fairways and even hole concepts, but Ben is the final say on greens and bunkering. That being said Ben spent a good while staring at fairway lines one day when half the course was still open. Seems like the final product is very much a give and take and they are on site on different days .Again, this is my uneducated observation and I hope Coore/Crenshaw and my club don't think the comments inappropriate . We are very excited about their work.

Jim Hoak

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 10:29:52 AM »
I am very close to their work, and I can tell you that they are definitely a team.  Their skills are very complementary.  They work together very closely, and neither could do what they've done without the other.  I can't speak about other PGA pros, but Ben is certainly a major part of their team, and Bill is a genius.  Two of the nicest guys on this planet and wonderful to work with.  If there was ever a case of 1+1=3, it is here.  Neither outshines the other; together they are great.

fred ruttenberg

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 03:02:05 PM »
Mike-what course do you belong to that Coore and Crenshaw are redoing?  I belong to Hidden Creek.

mike_beene

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 04:21:18 PM »
Fred, Lakewood in Dallas

David_Elvins

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 07:39:09 PM »
From my understanding, Coore does the taxes and stationary orders, Crenshaw books the flights, hotels and hire cars.
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 07:56:04 PM »
Fred, Lakewood in Dallas

Is that the Lakewood Country Club or Lakewood Yacht Club?   ;D

mike_beene

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 01:06:11 AM »
No Yachts here!!

mike_beene

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 01:07:20 AM »
I think that place is still there but I am not sure.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 12:16:57 PM »
No Yachts here!!

When I lived in Dallas from 1978-1981, there was a great neighborhood bar which I believe was the Lakewood Yacht Club.  Probably NLE.

mike_beene

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 12:26:04 PM »
Not sure if it is still there.Over by the spillway on East Grand or Garland Road I think.Just haven't been that way in forever.

Chris Kurzner

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, 07:15:24 PM »
Not sure if it is still there.Over by the spillway on East Grand or Garland Road I think.Just haven't been that way in forever.

Mike, I believe that is now "The Lot".

Bill_McBride

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2014, 07:48:04 PM »
Just going on the work they are currently doing at my club, they both spend a lot of time on site. Very much an uneducated observation, but it seems like Coore wins the discussions on routing, trees, fairways and even hole concepts, but Ben is the final say on greens and bunkering. That being said Ben spent a good while staring at fairway lines one day when half the course was still open. Seems like the final product is very much a give and take and they are on site on different days .Again, this is my uneducated observation and I hope Coore/Crenshaw and my club don't think the comments inappropriate . We are very excited about their work.

Ben is such a short game master, I think you really see his influence around the greens as Mike says.  Using Austin Golf Club as an example, there are so many places out there where you do not want to be short sided.   

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back