News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael G. Miller

New Painting
« on: March 01, 2014, 06:09:18 PM »
Chris Buie just posted an image of a new painting titled "Nearing Sundown at Pinehurst #2, 7th Hole" in the ART/ARCHITECTURE section under Mike Miller. Hope you get a chance to check it out. Thanks, Michael

Ronald Montesano

Re: New Painting
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 08:29:09 PM »
That's a haunting picture. Extremely well executed.

I've played #2 twice, once pre and once post restoration. It is an astonishingly challenging course in some many ways. Even if I knew how to play each hole properly, I would still attempt to tempt fate and go for carries I cannot make, green sectors I cannot hold, and putts I cannot read.

It will be my pleasure to watch both Opens this June and commiserate.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Michael G. Miller

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 09:36:58 PM »
Ronald - Thanks for looking at the image. "Haunting" is a good word for that painting. I always try to paint landscapes that are more than merely "illustrations" of the hole bur convey some feeling as well. I hope you were affected by the mood and play of light of late afternoon. Thanks again for your kind words regarding this work.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 04:32:41 PM »
Michael,

I was. #2 is one of those difficult courses to explain and its $7K (more or less) price tag per round doesn't help matters. #2 is absolutely a feel course, an experiential go-round. It is not sexy, not a diva, not a reality show.

Your use of light is precisely what I attempt to capture in my photography. I'll say that you do a better job than I :)
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Michael G. Miller

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 09:36:33 AM »
Ronald - Do you have a link to your photography I would certainly like to see it?
Thanks,

Mike

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back