News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ivan Lipko

A question to those familiar with Kennemer
« on: February 11, 2014, 06:31:51 AM »
Browsing the website, I "discovered" a truly amazing course - Kennemer. The scenery looks truly incredible, just like my favorite visual course - RCD. Who could think there are such a great courses in Holland))

I noticed a few whiteish small features in the rough areas, one is especially noticeable in the right rough on the 12th hole. You can look it up in the course profile on this website.

Are those natural rocks/stones or were they placed there to designate the lines off the tee?

As I said the course looks rugged and fabulous, definitely on my bucket list now.

Will Lozier

Re: A question to those familiar with Kennemer
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 10:47:43 AM »
Ivan,

Kennemer is indeed special - well worth a little extra effort to play but probably not without seeking out it's fellow Dutch links.  Holland has a handful of world-class links and plenty of duneland to boot.  Just Google Earth Kennemer and look around to find the other gems.

I think what you are seeing might just be exposed sand? 

Cheers

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 11:09:23 AM »
Ran did a write up.  It truly is a wonderful course on great terrain.  I purposefully scheduled a one layover at Schiphol just to play the course.

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/courses-by-country/netherlands/kennemer1/
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:11:47 AM by Tommy Williamsen »
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Bill Crane

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 01:05:11 PM »
PAGING DAVID DAVIS!

My sister lives in the north of the Netherlands - Groningen.  On my travels there I have played three different courses.

The ROYAL HAGUE course is an awesome H Colt course in the dunes along the sea.   Exceptional, and that was before the restoration recently done.  Rolling and hilly for flat country where you can be under sea level at times.

I hear super things about the Colt course near Utrecht - De Pan.  Also, Nordwijke is supposed to be a great course as well.

Look before you laugh!  ( Kinda like New Jersey)

Wm Flynnfan

Ivan Lipko

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 04:45:59 PM »
Will, nay, I think this is a white stone, you can see it on the first photo on the second page of Ran's write up. Can hardly imagine exposed sand in the grass this tall. Although, who know?

Bill, Tommy, absolutely, looks like an amazing golfing country, love this sort of stuff.

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 05:04:17 PM »
I don't know what that white stuff is, but it can't be anything significant, otherwise I would have noticed it. Kennemer is the best golfing day you can have in the Netherlands, if you play all 27 holes and have lunch in the middle.

Ulrich
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Cristian

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 12:10:59 PM »
The whitish spots are indeed sand in the long grass, probably as a result of animals digging, most likely foxes. There are no stones or rocks on the course.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back