News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom_Doak

Photos for The Confidential Guide - Great Britain and Ireland
« on: February 02, 2014, 06:50:02 PM »
First off, many thanks to those who responded to my request a couple of months ago for pictures of Scottish courses.  It's taken me a bit longer than anticipated to sort through them all and to figure out what pictures I would need, but I have finally done so, and the pics I intend to use are as follows:

Castle Stuart 11th hole, by Tom Dunne
Gullane 17th hole, by Ed Brzezowski
Lundin Links 1st hole, by Kyle Henderson
Shiskine 4th hole, by Frank Pont
Western Gailes 6th, Stewart Abramson

The deal is, one free book for each photograph used in the book.  Someday soon, I should have a release to send to you regarding use of your photos.

Now that I've got my own slides sorted through and scanned for use, and have most of the text laid out, I've identified the other courses I'd like to feature if I can find a good photograph to use.  If anyone has good photos of the courses below for consideration, please email your photos to my email account for the book, which is confguidegolf@gmail.com .  We are unlikely to publish more than one photo per course, so there's no need to send a dozen -- just the best you've got.

The courses I'm looking for are as follows.  Even if I had good pictures of all of them, I will probably only feature 1/2 to 2/3 of them, but the better the pictures the more likely I will use them.  Here's where I'm short (*'s indicate the courses where I don't have anything I like at all, the others I've got something good but would still consider swapping):

Askernish [esp. 12th hole]
Ballybunion
*Bamburgh Castle
The Berkshire
Carne
*Carnoustie
Cavendish
Connemara
*Cork
Crail
Cruden Bay
The European Club
*Ganton
*The Island
*The Machrie
Machrihanish
*Narin & Portnoo
Nefyn & District
Painswick
Portstewart
Royal Aberdeen
Royal Cinque Ports
Royal County Down (Annesley Links)
Royal Porthcawl
*Royal St. George's
St. Andrews Ladies Putting Green
*Saunton (East) - esp. 5th hole
*Silloth
West Hill

I'm home for most of February and promise I will make my decisions by the end of this month.  Thanks to everyone for their interest in the project.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 03:04:52 PM by Tom_Doak »

Ed Brzezowski

Re: Photos for The Confidential Guide - Great Britain and Ireland
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 08:39:28 PM »
Damn.   I am as giddy as a school girl. I will dig into the pics from last summers trip, I know I have Crail and Carnoustie pics at the office, along with RD. I know I have a lot of shots of 14 but they do have players  at a distance.

Ed
We have a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you.

Stewart Abramson

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 10:27:36 PM »
Damn.   I am as giddy as a school girl.

Me too. What an exciting surprise. Thanks Mr D.

Mark_F

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 11:35:15 PM »
Tom,

What format do you want the images in?

Tom_Doak

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 06:47:50 AM »
Tom,

What format do you want the images in?

Mark:

It's fine to send them in compressed jpeg format or however else you want to send them; just let me know in the email if the file sizes are larger, so I don't rule out a photo because it isn't clear enough.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 12:57:58 PM »
Tom,
Just out of interest, did you manage to access my photobucket slide shows? Just to know if that's a useful method.
Cheers,
MB.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Lukas Michel

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 02:44:40 PM »
Damn.   I am as giddy as a school girl. I will dig into the pics from last summers trip, I know I have Crail and Carnoustie pics at the office, along with RD. I know I have a lot of shots of 14 but they do have players  at a distance.

Ed

Ed

If you have shots with players that you are thinking of submitting, send me a direct message and I'll remove them with Photoshop.  ;)

Lukas

Tom_Doak

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 10:19:27 PM »
Tom,
Just out of interest, did you manage to access my photobucket slide shows? Just to know if that's a useful method.
Cheers,
MB.

Martin:

The photobucket link works fine, in case you or anyone else wants to send some that way again.  I might yet nab one of your photos of Machrihanish Dunes if I can find a good spot for it.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 03:06:14 PM »
Bumping this thread one last time.  I've updated the course list to take out courses where someone has submitted a great photo, and to highlight the ones where I don't have anything I really like yet.  Thanks to everyone who has sent their photos to look through!

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 04:03:11 PM »
Tom, away from photo stock until Monday night. Will send a few on then to see if there's anything that takes your fancy.

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2014, 09:49:07 AM »
Bumping this thread one last time.  I've updated the course list to take out courses where someone has submitted a great photo, and to highlight the ones where I don't have anything I really like yet.  Thanks to everyone who has sent their photos to look through!

I have some from Crail but do not wish to swamp you.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2014, 10:42:50 AM »
I have some from Crail but do not wish to swamp you.

Swamped is not a problem.  I've sorted through about 150 emails and God knows how many pictures, but it's pretty quick to do so.  Getting back to everyone after the final cuts will take longer!

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2014, 04:40:29 PM »
Ok Tom, Crail and European coming Monday.  Going to Streamsong in April , cannot wait to play your course.
Ed

Bart Bradley

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2014, 07:44:25 PM »

I'm home for most of February and promise I will make my decisions by the end of this month.  Thanks to everyone for their interest in the project.

Did you get what you needed?

Bart

Tom_Doak

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2014, 01:09:50 PM »
Bart:

I think I got more than I needed, but I had to change my schedule to leave for New Zealand a few days earlier than planned, so I have all the photos waiting to be placed with the text when I get home in two weeks' time.

Once I have cut and pasted the final selections I will write back to everyone who sent photos and let them know whether we're going to use one of their contributions or not.  The book is supposed to be put to bed by April 15 so it will certainly be before then.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back