News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dave Givnish

Re: Desert Forest opens tomorrow after renovation
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2013, 03:35:06 PM »
Here is shot of the 4th green from the right front that gives you a bit better sense of the false fronts and the movement in the green that was introduced.

The old green ended above where the false front turns down. You can see a ridge running from left to right across the green. That kind of wrinkle was added on a number of greens. I think that these increase shot values for the approach as you now need to get to the correct part of the green, not just below the cup as before.

You can also see some of the tree removal effect. A large tree was removed from behind the green. You couldn't see those saguaros from the fairway before.

Rob Rigg

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2013, 11:12:32 PM »
Dave,

That's a solid change/enhancement - One of the few complaints a golfer could have had about DF was that below the hole tended to be the right/safe play almost all of the time. The intro of false fronts and expansion of greens to present new sections or pinnable areas is a great edition.

Have you noticed a change in potential for scoring? Up or down?

Generally, I thought DF was the most challenging course in the valley from about 6,700 yards. The general consensus was that it was tough off the tee (which is fair but often exaggerated) , it was really the ability to score into and around the greens that presented the most difficulty IMO - pre-reno.

What do you think?

Sean Leary

« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2013, 12:02:58 AM »
A member friend told me this week that the low round this far since the renovation is 75 by Aaron Baddeley.  Tough golf course.

Matthew Petersen

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2013, 07:14:50 PM »
This looks absolutely stunning. Love the look of the changes on 6 green.

I have never had the opportunity to get out to DF, surely on my bucket list.

Chris DeNigris

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2013, 11:03:04 AM »
Dan,

Your first "after" picture on 13 is sick... a butter fairway against an angry sky, very cool...needs to go into the next photo contest.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back