News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Garland Bayley

Re: Female GCA Posters
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2013, 04:14:15 PM »
When given ground such as that found at the Bandon Resort, there is sure to not be unnecessary repetition even if rules against cross hazards are adhered to without fail.

Not all courses are built on world class land...

I never claimed they were, but if you are C&C you can make world class land out of a potato field.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Ulrich Mayring

Re: Female GCA Posters
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2013, 05:01:34 AM »
On my home course there's a hole, where for once the men are left behind squealing and the women rejoice.

It's a short par 4 dogleg left (nigh on 90°), where the inside of the dogleg is protected by huge alpinisations (think artificial dunes). The average hitting men cannot carry the alpinisations to get to wedge distance. They need to either lay up to mid iron distance (still a formidable shot due to a cross bunker in front of the green) or play a perfect draw with their driver to bend it around the corner.

The women's tee is positioned in a way that any average hitting woman can carry the alpinisations and get to that wedge to short iron distance. Shorter hitting women can play it into the neck of the dogleg like the men and hit the green in two more shots from there.

The crucial point here is not that the women's tees are more forward, that's a given. It is that the hole has a special playing strategy for women that the men don't have. I would assume that it is a fun hole to play for women, because for once they have a realistic "tigerline" option.

Ulrich
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back