News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ryan Taylor

Streamsong - 12 hole routing
« on: November 18, 2013, 09:40:42 PM »
Stopped by Streamsong this afternoon after a meeting in Lakeland. They now offer a 12 hole route after 2 pm that includes holes 1-6 on the Red and 1-6 on the Blue. (They even have the 12 hole card made up!) I thought it was a great collection of holes with a ton of variety. I walked around quickly and finished in just over two hours. Holes 2,4,5 and 6 on the Blue are really spectacular holes. Not the most difficult collection of holes but really fun.
"Bandon is like Chamonix for skiers or the North Shore of Oahu for surfers,” Rogers said. “It is where those who really care end up."

RJ_Daley

Re: Streamsong - 12 hole routing
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 10:02:56 PM »
I have to say, having just glanced at their website; what is the prospect of offering 6 holes and dinner, or offering 12 holes with the marketing pitch;  for people that don't have much time?  I can see that at a city club, for busy folk in the course of their regular hectic lives.... but Streamsong is a resort off the beaten path.  Are there customers enough to make this offering successful?
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 10:11:01 PM »
What is there to lose?
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 10:32:16 PM »
I have to say, having just glanced at their website; what is the prospect of offering 6 holes and dinner, or offering 12 holes with the marketing pitch;  for people that don't have much time?  I can see that at a city club, for busy folk in the course of their regular hectic lives.... but Streamsong is a resort off the beaten path.  Are there customers enough to make this offering successful?

Dick,

Fabulous idea for those staying at the resort and flying in that day from the Northeast and Midwest. The light is tight at this time of year and why not see a composite course on Day 1?

Great idea, and I recognize that it will not be cheap.

Streamsong is listening to the market...

Jason Thurman

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 10:38:36 PM »
It's a great idea. In addition to the groups already mentioned, there have to be plenty of people who just don't think they can quite do 36 (or even 54) in a day. Somehow, offering a shortened round will sound much more manageable.

How many other public access courses are laid out such that they could do something similar?
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 11:31:25 PM »
I see what you fellows are saying with the short day flying in, winter hours, and such.  I didn't think of it that way.  However, I thought as a resort, they run it like $444 a day, stay-and-play.  I thought that would include all the golf you can for the day.  I was thinking of it as customers driving all the way out there from Tampa or Sarasota or such just for dinner and 6holes or 12 holes.    
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 07:27:01 AM »
The Prairie Club has their Gil Hanse "horse" course right across from the main building and I thought what a great idea that would be opposite the lodge at Streamsong.  Grab a beer and a couple of clubs and have some fun.  

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 10:07:05 AM »
Great idea until someone jumps in front of you on your normal full priced 18 hole round and you can't finish before dark.  So, like anyone cares, how much does it cost?

Rees Milikin

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 10:26:31 AM »
Great idea until someone jumps in front of you on your normal full priced 18 hole round and you can't finish before dark.  So, like anyone cares, how much does it cost?

If it only consist of the first 6 holes from each course, I don't think you would be jumping in front of anyone that late in the day.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 10:38:26 AM »
First six, nevermind.

Jim Franklin

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 10:19:38 AM »
I like this idea and can't wait to see it. I make my maiden voyage Friday at 12:05 baby.
Mr Hurricane

Bill_McBride

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 04:45:42 PM »
Can anyone who knows how post the 36 hole routing?  I'm trying to figure out this all ties together.  Thanks in advance.

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 04:59:59 PM »
What's the cost for the 12-hole "round?"

WW

Joe Bausch

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 05:57:54 PM »
Can anyone who knows how post the 36 hole routing?  I'm trying to figure out this all ties together.  Thanks in advance.

Check out this thread:

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,50968.0.html
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Bill_McBride

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2013, 06:09:30 PM »

Check out this thread:

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,50968.0.html

Perfect Joe, I should have expected you'd be on the case!

That's really cool the way those two 1-6 loops start off in opposite directions and end by the clubhouse.  Funny thing the two days I was there last March, the dunes are so big and the horizon so flat in all directions, I never did really have a good handle on where we were.  I had no idea both sixth holes were back by the clubhouse.  

That's pretty cool with two out and back courses circling the property.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 06:11:01 PM by Bill_McBride »

jeffwarne

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 06:13:51 PM »
Stopped by Streamsong this afternoon after a meeting in Lakeland. They now offer a 12 hole route after 2 pm that includes holes 1-6 on the Red and 1-6 on the Blue. (They even have the 12 hole card made up!) I thought it was a great collection of holes with a ton of variety. I walked around quickly and finished in just over two hours. Holes 2,4,5 and 6 on the Blue are really spectacular holes. Not the most difficult collection of holes but really fun.

1-6 on each is a GREAT idea.
My thoughts were the same as John's (that's really scary) until I reread it.
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back