News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sven Nilsen

Re: Bandon Trails (C&C) - A Photo Tour!! - All 18 Posted
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2014, 02:54:24 PM »
Bogey:

Have you played the new version of the 18th?

Not that I know of.

The new hole is a kinder, gentler version.
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

Garland Bayley

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2014, 07:57:33 PM »
So my friend, the Golfweek rater, told me that if you put BT in the middle of the country, no one would like it and it would be just another golf course. I don't agree with that at all and think it is a fabulous course no matter where it is.

Your Golfweek rater friend must be blind!

I take that back. Even a blind man could sense the quality.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Dwight Phelps

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2014, 08:10:50 PM »
And no one but a masochist walks 13 to 14 (but I accept that as a criticism of the course).

Having never made it to Bandon, could you please explain this statement?  Does this mean everyone who plays it is a masochist? Or is there another option? Or have I missed something and outed myself as a terrible noob? Thanks.
"We forget that the playing of golf should be a delightful expression of freedom" - Max Behr

Garland Bayley

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2014, 08:46:53 PM »
And no one but a masochist walks 13 to 14 (but I accept that as a criticism of the course).

Having never made it to Bandon, could you please explain this statement?  Does this mean everyone who plays it is a masochist? Or is there another option? Or have I missed something and outed myself as a terrible noob? Thanks.

There is a fairly long uphill green to tee transition there.
The resort started providing a cart to ferry people for that transition fairly soon after the course opened after getting complaints.
The most masochistic part of the walk is that the resort has neglected to keep the path free of fallen trees since starting the ferry.
In my experience, it is quicker to walk than to take the cart even when you have to lift your push cart over the fallen tree or perhaps trees.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Jud_T

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2014, 09:27:41 PM »
Didn't they put the shuttle in after a guy had a heart attack while climbing that hill?
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

JLahrman

« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2014, 09:40:20 PM »

I have always found it funny that people go there to walk 36 holes a day for four days in a row, yet somehow need to be carted up one little hill. Yes I did take it when I played Trails. I don't like to stir the pot.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back