News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

paul cowley

Re: Rock Creek Cattle Company - Photo Thread
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2014, 09:53:47 PM »
Good photo thread...I am seeing a lot of framing and background bunkering that is more visual than strategic, and not really much in play. Don't see a lot of cart paths either...hmmm  :)

Paul:

I just went back through all the pictures to see if you were right about the bunkering.  It is very "visual" -- all of my associates are obsessed with composition -- but honestly, I did not count too many that aren't in play. 

There ARE a lot more bunkers than I would normally like to see, but we used a lot of them as buffers between the fairway and the "native", because the native areas are so rocky; it's tough to use them alone as a strategic influence because you might have to take a drop anywhere you're off the fairway.

Eric is good at hiding cart paths, too, but a lot of them are "hidden" because there isn't one ... paths are generally green to tee, and the turf areas on several holes connect together so you can keep the carts on the grass.

Tom...I don't mean to be critical, just just kidding around...we both know judging a courses content from photos is a fools effort! Hopefully someday I can review it in 3D.
paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

Adam Clayman

« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2014, 07:51:16 AM »
Well, I meant to be inquisitive.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Tom_Doak

« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2014, 07:14:03 PM »
Tom, Could you describe any thoughts you have on the very first bunker, in the series that leads up the hill to the green on #10?

There's just something that doesn't fit my eye about it. Not the placement, so much as the size in relation to the rest of the series.

Do I recall you once saying it was an add on?

Adam:

I saw your question, but didn't know how to answer it.

The bunkers were all built at the same time.  They are built into a very steep slope, so the sizes depend a lot on what fit into the topography.

Jason Topp

« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2014, 09:37:55 PM »
This is the first time I have seen this tour for some reason.  I would love to get out there someday.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back