News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve Lapper

Re: Top Five by Region
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2013, 09:21:32 AM »
NY and Cali have to be out on conditioning alone.  Golf was meant to be played on sand.  I'm not qualified on England and Aussie.  My guess is England wins if you make it 20 instead of 5.  A tough call between Ireland and Scotland.  Given your list I'd go Ireland, but given my druthers I'd say Scotland, even if TOC is the only one that would probably make my list of favorites once I've played 'em all.  For starters you can dump Turnberry for Prestwick and not lose any sleep.
Jud,

Have you even ever played any of these?? Obviously not on NY/LI. You seem to casually throw around your opinion on these pages using the "Internet doesn't know your a dog" theory as basis for such. Just wondering?? :-[

Having played most all the courses listed (save for Barnbougle/Lost Farm)), this question is easy. Australia (specifically the SandBelt and Mornington Peninsula wined hands down.
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Jud_T

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2013, 01:27:06 PM »
Steve,

FYI I've played about half the courses listed including Winged Foot and Fishers.  I'm flattered that you seem to have a hard-on for me, but I fear you're not quite my type.  For our edification, O sage one, exactly which of those 5 NY courses would you classify as a links?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 01:37:15 PM by Jud T »
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Carl Nichols

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2013, 02:46:18 PM »
can a continent be considered a region?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back