News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve Lang

Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Ronald Montesano

Re: Lock Your Lockers .. Guess who advises...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 09:01:13 PM »
Read to the end and you might see a familiar name...
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Jim Sherma

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 09:15:55 PM »
He's more ubiquitous than Zelig.

Steve Lapper

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 09:46:38 PM »
Rumor has it he was "in on it!" ;D
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

jeffwarne

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 09:59:43 PM »
It should have been very obvious.

No member or guest would dare wear a hat indoors at one of his iconic clubs, as the obvious crook in the pictures is......... ;) ;)
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

John McCarthy

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 10:00:52 PM »
Congrats Pat, you made Drudge.
The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

Mark McKeever

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 10:35:45 PM »
Geez.  Only a moron wouldn't "lock" a "locker" ;)

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

C. Squier

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 10:53:45 PM »
I get pissed every time an attendant locks mine after returning my shoes. If you're that hard up, feel free to help yourself to an old pair of Trues or my stash of gold bond. But then again, I don't keep anything of real value in it either.

What really pisses me off is that there is a Target store that let some guy purchase $8000 worth of gift cards with a stack of credit cards and never batted an eye, much less verified ID. But why should they, the banks eat the fraud. What a joke.

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 11:14:48 PM »

John,

Yesterday, at about 7:00 pm, I had picked my son up from an interclub match and was driving home when a women on a side street flagged me down like she was in distress.   There was a tree that looked like it just fell down or was just cut down and I thought it might be related to that.

So, I pulled over and she approached me and asked me if she could interview me.

I had no idea as to why she wanted to interview me, but, said, "sure".

So, she asked alot of questions about golf clubs, theft and security, some of which I answered and some of which I declined to answer.

The interview lasted 10-15 minutes.  There was a ring in Florida and several clubs had photos of the suspects, provided by the Palm Beach Sheriff's department, posted in the lockerman's area.

I thought that they were putting together a story that might air in a month or so.
This morning, a friend emailed me and said that he saw me on the CBS news last night.

When I went to the website and saw the piece, they had edited it, to about 5 seconds.

One of the last questions was, "will you lock your locker in the future ?"

I said "No, because I trust the members and guests and because I'd probably lose the key and wouldn't be able to get home.", but, they didn't include that quote.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 11:22:01 PM by Patrick_Mucci »

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 11:24:25 PM »

Geez.  Only a moron wouldn't "lock" a "locker" ;)

Mark,

What's in my locker is kind of like my beat up car, you're kind of hoping someone will steal it and everything in it.  ;D

The truth is, if I locked my locker, I'd lose the key.

Mark

Mark McKeever

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 08:07:46 AM »
Agreed Pat.  Honestly, if someone wants a spare glove or a dozen golf balls, that's about as good as theyre going to get!

MM
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

John McCarthy

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2013, 09:02:54 AM »

John,

Yesterday, at about 7:00 pm, I had picked my son up from an interclub match and was driving home when a women on a side street flagged me down like she was in distress.   There was a tree that looked like it just fell down or was just cut down and I thought it might be related to that.

So, I pulled over and she approached me and asked me if she could interview me.

I had no idea as to why she wanted to interview me, but, said, "sure".

So, she asked alot of questions about golf clubs, theft and security, some of which I answered and some of which I declined to answer.

The interview lasted 10-15 minutes.  There was a ring in Florida and several clubs had photos of the suspects, provided by the Palm Beach Sheriff's department, posted in the lockerman's area.

I thought that they were putting together a story that might air in a month or so.
This morning, a friend emailed me and said that he saw me on the CBS news last night.

When I went to the website and saw the piece, they had edited it, to about 5 seconds.

One of the last questions was, "will you lock your locker in the future ?"

I said "No, because I trust the members and guests and because I'd probably lose the key and wouldn't be able to get home.", but, they didn't include that quote.

Was she looking for you personally or just some guy who looked like a golfer?  Because the odds of stopping some random fellow on the street and having them be a member of golf clubs up and down the east coast seems remote.  

The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2013, 09:09:47 AM »
John,

Not if you're parked close to the entrance/exit to a golf course

Steve Lang

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2013, 09:59:33 AM »
 8) and the flip side.. more under the boys will be boys category and lockers..

I remember a story heard while playing in the Timber Cup with WCC at Oak Tree back in 1997 or 98 in Edmond, OK.. remember Titlest Professional balls?  Well they had them on the range, I guess so Gil, Bob, Willie and company could just go out and practice with the ball they normally used on tour.. anyway the Mgt apparently frowned on folks using them to play, but one guy did anyway and one day there were a couple dozen range balls found in his locker ..  Benevolent Dictator not happy..

p.s. Pat, your 10-15 minutes interview reduced to 5 seconds...  ahhh... life and news in the digital age
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2013, 11:21:12 AM »
I was offended today when the NY Post said that his accomplice had to be the getaway driver because he was so fat that he would stick out like a beach ball on a putting green.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2013, 06:50:46 PM »
What did they do with the other 1 4minutes 55 seconds of Mucci at the mic?  Can they maybe post that to YouTube?  Or sell it on E-bay.  You know there must be some gems of Muccizms on that clip.  ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2013, 09:15:18 PM »
JakaB,

Forget that, how could the Target store give him $ 8,000 worth of gift cards on a credit card without asking for a photo ID ?

It reminded me of the gas station scene in "The Jerk" when the three Hispanics use Mrs Nussbaum's credit card to buy everything in sight.

I'm afraid my pearls of wisdom are on the cutting room floor, but, I am hitting my irons better  ;D

Tim_Cronin

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2013, 09:19:56 PM »
What did they do with the other 1 4minutes 55 seconds of Mucci at the mic?  Can they maybe post that to YouTube?  Or sell it on E-bay.  You know there must be some gems of Muccizms on that clip.  ;D

Were the graphics in green?
The website: www.illinoisgolfer.net
On Twitter: @illinoisgolfer

Malcolm Mckinnon

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2013, 10:33:08 PM »
Patrick,

I saw this story on Drudge yesterday and almost fell out of my chair when you were quoted near the end!

Just for the record I have never lock my locker either. Yet, I never leave my wallet in there, just shoes, hats, balls and bric a brac that no-one would ever want.

Given the dog eat dog, betting nature of your Dad's world I am sure you were taught to keep the wallet close at all times.

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2013, 11:49:27 PM »
Malcolm,

True.

The interesting part of the interview was when they discussed the perils of not locking your locker and that maybe golfers should take their valuables with them.

I then cited an exclusive club in Westchester where armed robbers were holding up members and guest at gunpoint at a location the furthest from the clubhouse.

Given the alternatives I'd rather take my chances with the perils associated with my locker.

PCCraig

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2013, 09:18:08 AM »
My locker is open and unlocked about 98% of the time. Except when I through my wallet, keys, phone, etc. in there then I'll lock it for the round. Our lockers are "old school" wire mesh and totally see through, so I'd rather not leave valuables literally out in the open. Otherwise, yes, if someone really wants to help themselves to my shag bag and an old pair of socks they are more than welcome!
H.P.S.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2013, 09:41:24 AM »
There was a follow up article today where some numb nut  claims his $8,000 "silver" Rolex was stolen by the "fat one".  What's next, three year old $500 drivers?  It is sad to say but the professional crooks are running to their insurance carriers.

David_Elvins

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2013, 10:05:18 AM »
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Mike Hendren

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2013, 10:13:33 AM »
Why are there so many ugly houses surrounding the wealthy enclaves?

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Gene Greco

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2013, 10:51:34 AM »
Why are there so many ugly houses surrounding the wealthy enclaves?

Bogey

Property taxes.

That ugly house in the background is probably taxed at $25,000/year.

If you fix them up, the structure's value goes up and so do your taxes.
"...I don't believe it is impossible to build a modern course as good as Pine Valley.  To me, Sand Hills is just as good as Pine Valley..."    TOM DOAK  November 6th, 2010

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back