News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 08:22:19 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Connor Dougherty

Re: Kuki'o (T. Fazio) Big Island, HI
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 12:10:01 AM »
I played it the day before the tsunami hit Thailand in the winter of 2004, long before I was into golf course architecture.

At the time, the club had a small membership, but Augusta like conditioning. I don't know if to this day I have played a course with such fast greens. The course didn't have a blade of grass out of place and with the limited play there were hardly any divots.

I liked the course but don't know if I would have the same opinion if I played it again now that I'm more observant of architectural features. It still was one of my favorite golfing experiences. When we pulled up to the driving range, the bags in front of us had the name of two professionals, one of whom was Fred Couples. I said to the starter, "That's a cool idea, naming your rental bags after pro golfers to keep track." He replied, "No, Fred Couples is on the tee right now."

Fun Fact: Kelly Slater is a member at the club from what I understand.
"The website is just one great post away from changing the world of golf architecture.  Make it." --Bart Bradley

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back