News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Patrick_Mucci

The method of play.

Consider how different play can be when

1.     You're playing a match

2.     You're playing medal in a qualifier

3.     You're playing medal with a leader board reflecting all scores.

Consider how in certain circumstances you'd ignore your architectural instincts and how in others you'd be keenly aware and in tune with them

Wade Whitehead

Re: How architectural features and the play of same are influenced by
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 06:03:20 PM »
It's an interesting question because all three methods are fundamentally different.
     Match play: Beat just one player
     Qualifying: Beat most players
     Medal/Championship: Beat all players

WW

BHoover

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 06:19:00 PM »
If it's stroke play, my only thoughts are fairways and greens. In match play, I may pay more attention to design features and let them dictate my style of play.

Patrick_Mucci

If it's stroke play, my only thoughts are fairways and greens. In match play, I may pay more attention to design features and let them dictate my style of play.

Brian,

In stroke play where you know where you stand against your competitors, especially the last few holes, that wouldn't influence your play ?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 09:33:57 PM by Patrick_Mucci »

BHoover

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 09:11:44 PM »

Brian,

In stroke play where you know where you stand against your competitors, especially the last few holes, that wouldn't influence your play ?

In stroke play, knowing where I stand against the field might influence my play, but I'm not sure how the architecture would impact my decision-making. I suppose my play would depend on the particular hole. So, I guess you're right, it might come into play.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back