News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Marty Bonnar

If candy crush saga was golf
« on: May 31, 2013, 06:24:16 PM »
Would we be spending endless hours debating the relative merits of game 34 versus game 51? Or maybe considering the value of getting a five in a row and connecting with a stripey candy on line 8? Ah, the things that drive humanity...
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

John McCarthy

Re: If candy crush saga was golf
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 06:28:05 PM »
I did not know that William Burroughs was a member of our little DG.

On edit:  Mr Google has informed me that candy crush saga is a video game.  Absent that knowledge the op seems a bit cut and paste, mugwump and steely Danish
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 06:30:50 PM by John McCarthy »
The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 06:35:22 PM »
John, dear Millicent was so correct.
I am interested in the layers and levels of how golf pervades our lives. Some take it very seriously, some treat it as a mere pastime. I believe where you stand on that particular continuum, tells us all what kind of man/golfer you are. Then again, I may be so full of shot...- leaving that typo.
F.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 06:38:34 PM »
PS NEVER, NEVER diss the Dan on a thread of mine. Now THAT is properly offensive. Them's my major dudes, man...

F.

John McCarthy

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 06:40:33 PM »
So you know where they got their name?
The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 06:42:11 PM »
Naturlich, mein Herr!!
 8)

John McCarthy

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 07:05:30 PM »
Martin: 

On your original question:  yes, nerds like us would spend countless hours debating the merits of various levels of a video game.  Like golf design video games are an art form.

A friend of mine is a past world champion of a board game called Axis and Allies.  He knows the countless hours he spent on the game both pissed off his wife and occupied precious work hours.  But like we do here, he got interested in something and could not let it go. 

BYW:  Steele Dan is named after a dildo featured in the book Naked Lunch by Bill Burroughs.

PG Wodehouse

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back