News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Patrick_Mucci

Re: Benefits of Dredging Ponds?
« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2013, 09:59:31 PM »

Mucci why don't you do a simple Google of turfgrass leaf zone and turfgrass canopy.
Let me know how many hits you come up with leaf zone since its so widely used.
Because I don't come up with a single one.
But turfgrass canopy?
Hits for days.

Must still be the wrong word because you heard "Dr. Max Brown" say it once.

Google seems to be your only source of choice.
I guess that's a reflection of your limited knowledge and experience on almost any and every subject.

Now remember, according to you, I'm just a lowly Green Chairman and a lowly Project Chairman (including construction), with no experience in the golf industry, so, what do I know about anything, especially compared to you ?

A few months after the project was completed, while playing the 4th hole, I discovered different grasses in the 4th fairway.
I called the Superintendent and had him meet me on the 4th fairway within minutes of my discovery.
As part of this particular project, I had contracted for a specific grass type for the fairways.
Yet, the 4th fairway contained several strains of grasses.
At first, we didn't know what to make of it. 
Why just this one fairway when all 18 were fumigated and roto-tilled and refumigated thoroughly.
And, not just fumigated with the standard dosage, but, with extra dosage to make sure the fumigation aspect of the project was 100 % successful.
Soon afterwards, I discovered the same condition in the 5th and 12th fairway.

At the time, Florida had abandoned their certification program, but, Georgia hadn't.
We had previously inspected the actual fields where the grass was to come from.
But, it was obvious that the grass in our fairways was of multiple strains and not a monostrain.

So, I had the various sod samples flown to the University of Tennessee for DNA testing.
Yep, long before OJ and CSI programs, I had the grass DNA tested.
Pretty clever for a lowly Green/Project Chairman huh ?

At the same time, I brought the USGA back in and hired numerous consultants (including expert agronomists) to assist in the evaluation.

Once all the data, analysis and evaluations were presented and reviewed, I instituted litigation against the contractor and sub-contractor as the grass in these and other fairways was not the grass (genetically) that we had legally contracted and paid for.

The preparation for the trial and the trial took months.

The USGA agronomists, independent agronomists, attorneys, superintendents and experts, including Dr Max Brown, used the term, "leaf zone" and they used it often.
In testifying, I used the term.

But, perhaps, all those experts in their respective fields, didn't possess your kean knowledge of agronomy and your precise command of the English language.  I can't recall the judge correcting me either.  Maybe he didn't know of you.

We not only won about $ 1,000,000, but attorney's fees as well.
Fortunately, I had inserted a clause in our contract, that if there was a dispute that resulted in litigation, the loser would pay all legal fees.

Now how on earth could I do that since I wasn't a lawyer and hadn't spent half of my career in law, which is what you insist must be a prerequisite to have any knowledge on any subject ?

I mean, I'm just a lowly Green Chairman, a lowly Project Chairman, what could I possibly know ?  Especially compared to you ?

Maybe, just maybe, you don't know what you're talking about, especially when you try to pigeon hole me into one of your predetermined, stereotyped, ridiculous, but always erroneous categories.

Ian Larson

« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2013, 10:19:55 PM »
Nobody cares

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2013, 10:22:22 PM »

Ian Larson

« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2013, 10:38:18 PM »
You're the only one Mucci. Yawn. You're the best. You're the best there ever was. Thanks for educating us, I for one have learned so much from you on this stupid thread that ends with a stupid novel long post about how great you are that i couldnt even read past the first paragraph. And for that I'm eternally grateful to you. So on that note, I'm going to bed because I have to be up early to finish construction of an 18,000 sf green this week that I probably don't even know what the hell I'm doing!

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2013, 10:44:37 PM »

You're the only one Mucci. Yawn. You're the best. You're the best there ever was. Thanks for educating us, I for one have learned so much from you on this stupid thread that ends with a stupid novel long post about how great you are that i couldnt even read past the first paragraph. And for that I'm eternally grateful to you. So on that note, I'm going to bed because I have to be up early to finish construction of an 18,000 sf green this week that I probably don't even know what the hell I'm doing!

Hey, no problem.

You have a cell phone don't you.

When you get stumped, just call me.
If I'm in the area I'll stop by.
If not, I'll guide you through the process.

Is it a USGA green, (old or new), California green or a common "push up" green.

What grass are you using ?

I'm available and ready to help.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back