News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Don Hyslop

Cabot Links Opens For Season Unveiling New 12th Hole
« on: May 07, 2013, 08:05:49 AM »
Cabot Links opened yesterday and unveiled its new 12th hole. The new hole a par three now makes a total of 6 holes that are directly adjacent to the ocean.
http://thechronicleherald.ca/business/1127899-cabot-links-adds-12th-hole-spruced-up-pub

“I have seen the Canadian and American Rockies, the Andes, the Alps, and the Highlands of Scotland,” said inventor Alexander Graham Bell, who spent 37 summers here. “But for simple beauty, Cape Breton outrivals them all.”
Thompson golf holes were created to look as if they had always been there and were always meant to be there.

Jud_T

Re: Cabot Links Opens For Season Unveiling New 12th Hole
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 08:18:37 AM »
Don,

Thanks.  That hole looks like it'd be fearsome in a 2-3 club wind (particularly for a lefty slicer)!  You forgot to mention the equally exciting Cabot Public House..   ;)
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 09:47:18 AM »
I'm heading up to Cabot Links with Bill McBride the first week of August. It will be my first visit to Canada!!! A friend from SC who will be celebrating his 50th birthday is coming with us... should be a great holiday!!!
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Bill_McBride

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 11:10:14 AM »
I'm heading up to Cabot Links with Bill McBride the first week of August. It will be my first visit to Canada!!! A friend from SC who will be celebrating his 50th birthday is coming with us... should be a great holiday!!!

By the way, we have room for a few more as it would be good to have eight.  Email me for details. 

Bryan Izatt

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 12:06:27 PM »
Jud,

Never fear, the picture is of the tees of the long par 4 16th, not the new 12th.  You can always aim inland and slice it back.   ;D

Ben Cowan-Dewar

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 03:41:15 PM »
Don,
Thanks for the mention, it is another great golf day today. Rod and I went out and played a couple of holes on Sunday and it is amazing how far it has come in a year.

Look forward to seeing you all at some point this year.

Here is a photo of the new hole, taken last year.

Ben

Ted Sturges

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 03:47:16 PM »

Michael....man, you are in for a treat.  I can't wait to get back there.  Probably end up being a few weeks after you when I get back.  Make sure they give you a tour of the land for the second course.  I have no doubt that the land Coore/Crenshaw have is and will be the best piece of property they ever get to work on.  When the second course is done (and I absolutely LOVE the first course), their one/two punch will be rock solid!   Enjoy!

TS

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 04:01:06 PM »
Thanks, Ted! With the added festivities of celebrating my buddy's 50th birthday I KNOW we will have a blast!!!

Ben - I'm looking forward to meeting you! Can't wait to see everything. Hopefully we will be able to tour the new property.  I'm a bit bummed out that I didn't win the contest to name the pub ;) but, I'm looking forward to sampling your selection of ales!!!!!!!!!! See you soon!
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Don Hyslop

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 09:07:15 AM »

?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 05:26:49 PM by Don Hyslop »
Thompson golf holes were created to look as if they had always been there and were always meant to be there.

Harris Nepon

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 09:41:20 AM »
Gonig to be out there July 1st. Can't wait. Should be the best Canada Day I've ever had.

Chris Johnston

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 10:00:11 AM »
A beautiful change and a stunning place!

Congrats, Ben and team!  Well played!

Ben Cowan-Dewar

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2013, 04:01:02 PM »
Thanks all and look forward to seeing you soon!

Don,
Rod is still working on his hole description, so that is the last one! :)

Don Hyslop

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 05:28:35 PM »
Sorry for jumping the gun.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back