News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brian Finn

Re: Introduction of new member
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2013, 09:03:50 AM »
Brian,

What a coincidence. Pablo and I were made partners at the same time. His office was right next door. If you come back to Argentina, let me know so that we can arrange golf. Of course I support River Plate, as any well educated gentleman would. And I am quite fanatic about it.

Ricardo - what a small world!  I do hope to make it back down soon, and would love to see more local golf courses.  Recently, there was a thread on this board seeking information regarding GC de Uruguay in Montevideo.  I thought you might have some thoughts, assuming you have played it. 

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,55548.0.html

I strongly suspected you were a fan of River, but you never know.  I had the fortune of attending matches at River Plate's stadium as well as La Bombonera.  Both were unique and incredible experiences. 
New for '24: Monifieth x2, Montrose x2, Panmure, Carnoustie x3, Scotscraig, Kingsbarns, Elie, Dumbarnie, Lundin, Belvedere, The Loop x2, Forest Dunes, Arcadia Bluffs x2, Kapalua Plantation, Windsong Farm, Minikahda...

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2013, 11:21:41 AM »
BA is one of my favourite cities in the world, whether it be watching football at Boca's home stadium or across town at River.
Love the Boca area, so much history and passion, my favourite restaurant anywhere is Fervors on Posadas in Recoleta and also Sotovice around the corner...

Last time we were there we actually went to see some Polo at your club, what an event, the ultimate in the socail elite mingling, very interesting to watch.
Welcome aboard sir.

Ricardo Ramirez Calvo

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2013, 08:55:10 PM »
Thank you Michael for your message. It seems that Buenos Aires is more popular among the members of this group than I expected. I hope that anyone coming down will now let me know so that I can arrange good golf and food.

Brian, I have put a message regarding Club de Golf del Uruguay with some photos.

Ricardo

Sean Walsh

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2013, 06:21:47 AM »
Ricardo,

Welcome. Great to expand the membership into under represented parts of the world. 

Ricardo Ramirez Calvo

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2013, 07:30:08 AM »
Thank you Sean. Others would represent Argentina in golf architecture much better than myself, but sometimes you don't get what you deserve. I'll do my best to overcome the those flaws.
Ricardo

Sean Walsh

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2013, 08:35:08 AM »
The golf architecture pedigree really isn't that important. I've been on the site for around 10 years and would say that when I began I probably was one of the least connected people to have joined the site (I'm currently a member of a nice little country course that charges $25 green fees and yearly dues around $300). That hasn't diminished my enjoyment of being a privileged member here. Since then I've travelled widely, met some great people and seen some great courses but rarely comment on courses I haven't seen in the flesh.

Your value to the site is that you are familiar with an area of the globe that basically no-one else is and know what it is to be heavily involved a t a club. You've obviously travelled and have seen some great courses as well. Most importantly you seem to know what you don't know. You'll most likely ask some good questions that will allow many of us to learn more by listening to those with the knowledge that answer those questions.

Have fun.

Carl Nichols

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2013, 09:33:29 AM »
Ricardo:
Welcome aboard! I've spent a lot of time in Argentina -- my wife was born in La Plata, so we visit her extended family often (and lived there for six months in 2009).  Mar del Plata GC is a place that I think many on here would really enjoy.  Unfortunately I don't have any pics from when I played there, so haven't been able to do a photo tour. 
Welcome again,
Carl

Ricardo Ramirez Calvo

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2013, 09:41:43 AM »
Thanks, Carl. I will try to post photo tours of different courses, but it will take some time. Tomorrow I'm going with a group of friends to play a in a tournament that we started 18 years ago and has been played all over the country. This time it will be Miramar, south of Mar del Plata. I will try to take as many pictures as possible.

Next time you come down, let me know.

Ricardo

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back