News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

archie_struthers

Great Caddy One Liners
« on: April 22, 2013, 06:29:40 PM »
 8) ;D 8)

Since there has been some serious denigration of some of my looping buddies on site recently , lets have a fun thread  with "no malice" . Although I remain  in the do your job , find the ball , and keep relatively quiet school , there are some priceless one liners out there.  

Here goes!

A golfer throws his club off the fourteenth tee at Pine Valley into the bull rushes below. My partner says without delay ....

"you better throw a provisional, we might not find that one ".  
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 07:55:44 PM by archie_struthers »

JESII

Re: Great Caddy One Liners
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 06:35:45 PM »
Same tee...Rocky's player insists he can get a 6 iron there when Rocky wants him to hit 5. Rocky leans over as the guy is addressing the ball and says "take a deep breath".

Lou_Duran

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 06:38:34 PM »
A true story: after the second or third hole at my favorite course in the world, my two-bag carrying caddie, without even looking at me says , "you know Lou, you and I ain't  gonna get along if I have to keep chasing your divots all day long".

Keith OHalloran

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 06:42:42 PM »
Friend hits one in the high grass in Ireland on the first tee and asks the caddie if he will find it. Caddy says
"Jim, You could wrap that ball in bacon and feckin lassie couldn't find it"

Tim Martin

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 06:45:52 PM »
My member host at Westchester CC hits it to 10 feet for birdie on the drivable par 4 1st hole and promptly three putts. His caddie looks at him and says" You know what they say about three putting don't you sir? It's like jerking off because even though you feel real bad about it you know you are going to do it again".

Lenny Polakoff

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 07:15:28 PM »
Playing with a good friend of mine last year who is not much of a golfer.  On the very first green my buddy proceeds to knock the ball back and forth about 7 times until he finally nestled it up about 8 inches from the hole and starts to mark his ball.  The caddy stops him mid mark and says "I wouldn’t mark that, If I were you I would hit it while I was hot!" 

Mark McKeever

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 07:31:50 PM »
I will leave the player and caddy anonymous, but one of the best ever....

Philadelphia Cricket Club Hole 10.  The short par 3 by the parking lot for those familiar and it doesn't take much to yank one left into the parking lot full of nice cars.  

Anyways, a playing partner proceeds to yank one on the dreaded line towards/left of the large tree towards the cars.  The ball lands and he says "I think that hit the trunk"  

Caddy quickly replies "Which one?"

Mark
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 09:39:43 PM by Mark McKeever »
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Joe Bausch

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 07:36:51 PM »

Philadelphia Cricket Club Hole 10.  The short par 3 by the parking lot for those familiar and it doesn't take much to yank one left into the parking lot full of nice cars. 

Anyways, a playing partner proceeds to yank on on the dreaded line towards/left of the large tree towards the cars.  The ball lands and he says "I think that hit the trunk" 

Mark

Dude, I told you not to tell ANYONE that story. 
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Mark McKeever

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 07:44:27 PM »

Philadelphia Cricket Club Hole 10.  The short par 3 by the parking lot for those familiar and it doesn't take much to yank one left into the parking lot full of nice cars. 

Anyways, a playing partner proceeds to yank on on the dreaded line towards/left of the large tree towards the cars.  The ball lands and he says "I think that hit the trunk" 

Mark

There is complete anonymity!!

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Jim_Coleman

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 07:50:25 PM »
    Heading down the 10th fairway at Hidden Creek, Chico (my caddy formerly at PV and Galloway, I think), asks out of the blue, "Djah go to Temple, Big Jim?"  Not knowing whether he's inquiring about my education or religion (and not that happy about the adjective he chose), I respond, "No, Penn."  Still not sure if I chose correctly.
    The obvious other Rocky story at PV involves his caddying for 2 Japanese guests.  Someone else can tell the rest.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 08:07:28 PM »
Golfer to Caddy: Can I get there with a 5iron?

Caddy: Eventually.
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Pat Burke

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 08:18:02 PM »
"Bullet, I'm telling you, I'm so fu%&ing mad, I feel like breaking something!"

"How about par?"

Fultom Allem and his caddy bullet Bob

Bill Shotzbarger

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 08:20:38 PM »
Caddie 1: "they're not burning hot, ya know"

Caddie 2 (me): "what aren't?"

Caddie 1: "the pins, why don't ya grab one for once"

Joe, it's not Mark's fault you're guilty of self-incrimination!

Jim Sherma

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2013, 08:35:57 PM »
At Kingsbarnes - 4 Caddies that were not too discreetly betting on our shots all through the round. On the 16th hole guy in the group hits a high slice out over the sea wall and says "that's wet". His caddy deadpans, "no, the f-ing tide's out" likely having lost something on that swing.

Dave Falkner

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2013, 09:11:19 PM »
What should i hit?

Caddie "You might as well hit is with your dick"

Jason Topp

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 09:18:45 PM »
My son's first loop at 14 years old.  Player hits one towards water.  My son's reaction: "Looks thirsty!"  It was a short career.

Dan Kelly

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 09:46:57 PM »
My son's first loop at 14 years old.  Player hits one towards water.  My son's reaction: "Looks thirsty!"  It was a short career.

Maybe so -- but a fine reaction, especially for a rookie!
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Carson Pilcher

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2013, 09:54:54 PM »
@ The Old Course...1st hole:

American businessman hits a fairway wood into the first fairway.  Gets handed a 6 iron and begins to roll his ball into a better lie with the club.

Caddie: "Aye.  Did you fly 3000 miles to cheat"?

@ Augusta National

"What should I hit here"?
"Your 5 iron sir"
"5 iron?  THat's too much club"
"You should hit your 5 iron sir"
"OK, but I think it's too much club".

He commences to come up and out of the shot, catches it thin and blades it along the ground.  It rolls the distance along the ground and up on the green.  Turns to his caddie and says,:

"See!  If I would have hit that shot good, it would have gone over the green".
Caddie (while wiping the club and walking off.."but you didn't".

John McCarthy

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2013, 10:22:26 PM »
2d hand story but a friend was playing in Costa Rica, ignorent of Spanish as his looper was of English, trying to figure out what to hit on the first par 3 when his jock pipes up "Suave ocho,  suave ocho."
The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

Gary Daughters

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2013, 10:41:41 PM »

Jim Colbert told this one.  He was in contention at The Masters one Sunday, but then 3-putted #10.  He collected himself on the eleventh tee and striped one.   He's assessing his approach and says to his club caddy.. "What do you think?"  Caddy: "I think you just pissed away the tournament back there."
THE NEXT SEVEN:  Alfred E. Tupp Holmes Municipal Golf Course, Willi Plett's Sportspark and Driving Range, Peachtree, Par 56, Browns Mill, Cross Creek, Piedmont Driving Club

Dan Kelly

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2013, 11:06:26 PM »
Golfer: "What do you think of my game?"

Caddie: "The less I think of it, the better for both of us, sir."

Some caddie somewhere must have said that.
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

David Whitmer

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2013, 07:32:44 AM »
This is apropos for me, as I am heading over to Scotland on Thursday. Hopefully I hear a few good one-liners myself.

A friend of mine, who is a bad golfer, nonetheless decides while in Scotland to play The Old Course. He's playing terribly, which is the norm for him. Late in the round (don't know which hole), he is in the fairway about 80 yards from the green. His caddie gives him his putter.

My friend says, "Putter? I'm 80 yards away!"

The caddie replies, "Aye, but ya won't shank this one, sir."

Rich Goodale

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2013, 08:07:38 AM »
A true story: after the second or third hole at my favorite course in the world, my two-bag carrying caddie, without even looking at me says , "you know Lou, you and I ain't  gonna get along if I have to keep chasing your divots all day long".

I remember that remark, Lou.  I think it was the 4th, actually, but I could be wrong.  Great day, nevertheless, regardless of the gormlessness of your caddy.

Rich
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Martin Toal

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2013, 08:53:21 AM »
There is a joke/apocryphal story about a visitor (possibly from a former British colony) at a famous Scottish links and the player is playing very poorly, but blaming a lot of it on his patient bag carrier.

At the zenith of his exasperation, the player turns to the caddy and says "You must be the worst [redacted] caddy in the world', to which the caddy replies, 'No, sir, that would be too much of a coinicidence'.

Rich Goodale

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2013, 09:11:44 AM »
I've written this in one of my books, and probably several other times on this forum, but since I was actually there at the time.....

.....when playing the 6th with Bill Davis of Golf Digest, the Captain of Royal Dornoch and Sandy Pipie (caddie extraordinaire, looping for Bill), Mr Davis semi-shanked his tee shot and then manufactuerd a pitch from the right-hand gunge to 3-4 feet.  El Capitain said to Bill "Greg Norman couldn't have done better on that shot!"  In an instant, Sandy piped up "Aye, but Greg Norman never would have been there in the first place!"
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back