News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

William_G

Re: Bandon Muni "update"
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2014, 03:20:56 PM »
email exchange......

"It was with regret the Oregon State Parks and Recreation Commission acted today to end the attempt to acquire the Grouse Mountain. The Commission believes the property has merit, and is grateful for the dedication and philanthropy of the current owner.

The Commission decided that given that the department has limited opportunities to create significant new parks, it is prudent to pursue those projects where there is a critical mass of partners actively working to make the park possible. While there are many Grant County people strongly in favor of the project, it takes a consistently high level of support from many quarters to create a new state park.

The Commission has directed staff to shift their acquisition attention elsewhere. More information on this point will be available before the April 9 commission meeting in Bend.

You can listen to audio of the meeting online at http://www.oregon.gov/oprd/Pages/commission-grousemt.aspx"

Subject: RE: Update on Grouse Mountain from Oregon State Parks and Recreation Commission meeting

"In the past, the commission has said it wants the Bandon exchange tied to acquisition of a specific, significant property. Now that Grouse is off the table, staff have to return to the list of properties they were originally considering to see if one of those can become a suitable replacement. There were other properties considered before settling on Grouse, but those other pieces of land were reviewed months ago, and Grouse was deemed the most ready … at the time. It’s likely some of the other properties are more ready now, and after staff have done some more work, we will publish the details."

It's all about the golf!

William_G

« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 10:06:34 AM by William_G »
It's all about the golf!

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2014, 01:02:58 PM »
http://www.oregonlive.com/travel/index.ssf/2014/04/oregon_parks_and_recreation_co.html

APPROVED land swap

The hang-up with the Oregon Parks & Recreation Commission was the development of a new state park as part of the land swap. A potential site in central Oregon fell through last year. The OPRC has accepted the $2.5M from Keiser/Bandon as an escrow account, rather than a specific property.

Action now moves to the BLM. They owned the property, but deeded it to the state with stipulations that it remain public. That has to be rectified in some manner.

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2014, 01:17:27 PM »

The article starts out promising and then pretty much sticks to how this proposal will or won't benefit humans. It even goes so far as to say the land that Keiser wants is hardly ever visited by humans.  But the last time I checked, natural areas are set aside for NON HUMANS and the area seems to have lots of non human residents and visitors.

The next time someone says you never hear the peeper frogs at night anymore, or you never see any of those birds around here anymore, its because people have run them off their habitat for golf courses, shopping centers, housing tracts...all in the name of greed.

Those no good humans, how dare they want to have shelter in the form of homes, how dare they want to have buildings that distribute food, like super markets and shopping centers.

Can't they go live at the bottom of the ocean or in the middle of the desert?

Can't we demolish Manhattan and return it to it's original state ?

What is this world coming to, next, those humans will want to build schools and educate their children.

Mark Fedeli

« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2014, 01:26:14 PM »

Can't we demolish Manhattan and return it to it's original state ?

You may be onto something...
South Jersey to Brooklyn. @marrrkfedeli

Jud_T

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2015, 11:04:25 AM »
Gil Hanse this morning on Golf Channel

Paraphrasing:

"Just got an email from Mike a couple weeks ago.  We've cleared most of the hurdles.  The goal is to have me on a bulldozer next winter"

"We're back to 27 holes."
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Gary Sato

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2015, 12:26:40 PM »
Gil Hanse this morning on Golf Channel

Paraphrasing:

"Just got an email from Mike a couple weeks ago.  We've cleared most of the hurdles.  The goal is to have me on a bulldozer next winter"

"We're back to 27 holes."

And it took 10 years to do so.

Howard Riefs

« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2015, 10:40:09 AM »
Update:

“Steadily and surely we march on,” Keiser said recently. “It’s about the five-year point. I’m hoping that we get county approval within a year. The land swap was agreed to by state parks. We’ve got that part done. There’s a matter with the Bureau of Land Management that will take, we think, another year to figure out.”

Keiser said construction could start “sometime in the next year would be my hope and my best guess,” and would take two years to complete. He expressed hope the course could be available for preview play late in 2018, and open in 2019.

http://registerguard.com/rg/sports/outdoors/32956542-80/complex-in-bandon-still-just-a-vision.html.csp

http://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2015/4/14/bandon-muni-and-sheep-ranch-updates.html

"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

William_G

« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2015, 10:53:37 AM »
I think Mr. Keiser is being optimistic, as he should be

he has spent so much money and time on this, it is nothing short of heroic
It's all about the golf!

PCCraig

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2015, 05:03:50 PM »
he has spent so much money and time on this, it is nothing short of [b]heroic[/b]

::) Oh God, come on... "heroic?" He's building a golf course, not saving lives. Not to mention he's building the golf course which will add to his resort and therefor his bottom line.
H.P.S.

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2015, 05:51:26 PM »
I think Mr. Keiser is being optimistic, as he should be

he has spent so much money and time on this, it is nothing short of heroic

I played golf with him last week and he's cautiously optimistic.  The land is covered in gorse and is completely unusable as a state park.  Furthermore, he plans to remove gorse on another section of land that is still owned by the state so the public can use it. 

Heroic might be a bit strong but complicated real estate deals (especially dealing with a government agency) can take years and yes can be very expensive.   

William_G

« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2015, 06:20:22 PM »
LOL, I am not a semanticist, but the fortitude to do something like this in Oregon is very special
It's all about the golf!

Howard Riefs

« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2015, 04:05:06 PM »
"Bandon owner, Mike Keiser, hopes to time the opening of Bandon Muni (now Chick Evans Park, 27 holes by Hanse) around the U.S. Am in 2020."

Via Matt Ginella on Twitter
https://twitter.com/MattGinellaGC/status/598575158836764672
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

William_G

« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2015, 04:10:30 PM »
cool...Chick Evans!
It's all about the golf!

Emile Bonfiglio

« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2015, 12:19:21 AM »
You can follow me on twitter @luxhomemagpdx or instagram @option720

Scott Weersing

« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2015, 07:07:22 AM »
Well there is still a chance for Chick Evan GC but not on the land that they had looked at before. It could be in another state.

"As a result of these problems, I am abandoning the Bandon Links project and will seek a site where the same programs would be viable," Keiser said.
[/size][/color]
[/size]"I[/color][/size]n his statement, Keiser said he would look for another location to operate the same programs he was planning for the parkland. He owns enough property adjacent to the park to support a course. Any course site would need access to enough water to run sprinkler systems and fulfill indoor plumbing needs."[/color]
[/size][/color]
[/size]It may be a water access issue with the land that they intended. [/color]

Ben Sims

« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2015, 01:07:20 PM »
This is the best possible outcome for the project. Surely there is reason to believe that a 27-hole project that is geographically separate from Bandon Dunes would cause a dilution of the resort's product. I don't know what studies were undertaken to explain the local usage of the new facility, and I'm always open to having my mind changed. But I am glad that Bandon proper isn't continuing down the path of being a massive Disney World-esque project in a rural area.

Howard Riefs

« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2015, 09:56:32 AM »
Keiser to re-visit 18 hole design for Bandon Muni.  Ginella with the news...

http://www.golfadvisor.com/articles/mike-keiser-tillamook-bandon-courses-oregon-15587.htm

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2016, 02:17:06 PM »
Perhaps it is just me, but I thought building a golf course south of Bandon was dead - the Bandon Biota 27 hole project. It was widely reported that Keiser pulled the plug.

The current edition of the PNGA magazine Pacific Northwest Golfer has a short article on page 16 saying the 27 hole project is dead, but Keiser is back to an 18 hole project, and that Gil Hanse has submitted a plan for  the course.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2016, 02:20:24 PM »
Is this the same project where he had guys out poking around on the land without a permit?  Or is this a different one?

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2016, 02:32:54 PM »
Yes and no. The drilling was done on the doomed land swap, not the property Keiser already owns.
It was reported late last year that he was done with land swap. I don't remember an article which pursued the positive news (Keiser will build 18, only the negative ones - Keiser drops 27 hole project.
This item is the first one I've seen saying Keiser is continuing on 300 acres of adjacent property he owns.

On one of the threads there was a map which showed land parcels involved.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2016, 02:42:18 PM »
The edition is not on line.
the abridged version
Negotiations stalled on building 27 holes near town. At the end of September Keiser walked away from the plans.
Now Keiser is returning to the original plan, and Hanse remains the architect. Hanse has provided a new routing on the property Keiser owns, utilizing 200 acres of the 300 available acres.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2016, 03:54:57 PM »
Correct. In the BG.C interview, son Michael discusses this very topic: http://buffalogolfer.com/wordpress/2016-interview-series-michael-keiser/

Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

William_G

« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2021, 09:26:31 PM »
any updates or still nothing?
It's all about the golf!

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2021, 11:01:41 PM »
any updates or still nothing?

Nothing definitive.  Mike Keiser walked the property last week with an architect to see if there was enough land to build the muni. It's back on the radar but my guess it will take years to get approved.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back