News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Pete_Pittock

Re: Streamsong 2014 GCA Outing -- PROVIDE YOUR EMAIL
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2013, 02:47:17 PM »
slim chance
pgpittock@aol.com

Ryan Taylor

« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2013, 10:06:11 PM »
Ryan - Rytaylor33@yahoo.com
"Bandon is like Chamonix for skiers or the North Shore of Oahu for surfers,” Rogers said. “It is where those who really care end up."

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2013, 10:49:07 PM »
Include me, maybe my son too

PMMJRFL@comcast.net

Ted Harris

« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2013, 09:39:14 PM »
Put me down as seriously interested if numbers allow - fasteddy1973@gmail.com

Ted Harris

Howard Riefs

« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2013, 11:09:43 PM »
Thanks to many of you for proofing me your email address. I'll send out the info on Wednesday to all via email or PM.

Include me, maybe my son too

PMMJRFL@comcast.net

Very good. Always good to have another moron on the trip.
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2013, 06:59:51 AM »
I know you have my email but just to be certain: avantilover@yahoo.com.

Andy Shulman

« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2013, 07:14:08 AM »
Put me down as potentially interested....depending on pricing.....ashulman@bigplanet.com.

Robert Emmons

« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2013, 09:56:21 AM »
Robert Emmons....robert.emmons18@gmail.com

Howard Riefs

Re: Streamsong 2014 GCA Outing -- INFO SENT
« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2013, 12:56:51 AM »
Everyone who previously expressed interest in this outing should have received pricing information from me via PM or email.  If you did not, please let me know and I'll forward it. 
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Connor Dougherty

« Reply #109 on: April 25, 2013, 04:23:30 AM »
If you don't see the email at first check your spam box. I'm assuming that Gmail filtered it there for me because of the number of email addresses in the message.

Connor
"The website is just one great post away from changing the world of golf architecture.  Make it." --Bart Bradley

Howard Riefs

« Reply #110 on: April 25, 2013, 10:32:29 AM »
Following is information on the 2014 GCA Streamsong Outing, with the pricing information redacted.

DATES: Thursday, March 13 to Sunday, March 16, 2014

GROUP SIZE:  Maximum of 48 golfers; would enable everyone to play 36 holes/day on Friday and Saturday.

LODGING: There will be two facilities at Streamsong available by the time of the trip.

•   Clubhouse:  12 rooms: 8 single occupancy rooms and 4 double occupancy rooms; on the second floor of the clubhouse. We stayed here back in March with a GCA group.  http://www.streamsongresort.com/golf/clubhouse

•   Lodge:  216 rooms; opens later this year. Rooms have two queen or 1 king size bed. The lodge is a five minute shuttle ride from the courses/clubhouse http://www.streamsongresort.com/accommodations/guest-rooms-suites

PRICING: Following are the pricing options:  

Clubhouse “Stay and Play” package:
   •   Three nights of lodging
   •   Golf with cart (six rounds)
   •   Daily breakfast in clubhouse
   •   Club storage
   •   Practice facilities

Single occupancy room/per person:    (REDACTED)
    Double occupancy room/per person:   (REDACTED)

(This is a package deal; it's the same price if you only play five rounds, don't want to use a cart, etc.)

Lodge:  Not part of a set package but rather ala carte. When similar components as the above Clubhouse package are included:
   •   Three nights of lodging
   •   Golf with cart (six rounds)
   •   Club storage
   •   Practice facilities

Single occupancy/per person:    (REDACTED)
    Double occupancy/per person:   (REDACTED)

Golf only:  If you want to stay elsewhere in the area, Streamsong is offering its standard greens fees  

GOLF SCHEDULE: We will schedule six rounds of golf; three on the Red Course and three on the Blue Course.  Days/times will be approximately:
   •   Thursday afternoon (1 – 2 p.m.)
   •   Friday morning (7:30 – 8:30 a.m.)
   •   Friday afternoon (1 – 2 p.m.)
   •   Saturday morning (7:30 – 8:30 a.m.)
   •   Saturday afternoon (1 – 2 p.m.)
   •   Sunday morning (7:30 – 8:30 a.m.)

If you want to play additional rounds (e.g., Thursday morning, Sunday afternoon), we can make arrangements.

MATCH SCHEDULE: TBD; Likely the same schedule as this year with matches played during the four rounds on Friday and Saturday. Thursday afternoon and Sunday morning would be open play.

NOT INCLUDED:
   •   Caddie and forecaddie fees. Please note that, similar to 2013 policy, a $100 forecaddie fee per group is required for each group using carts.  Details: http://www.streamsongresort.com/golf/caddie-services
   •   Meals (other than breakfast for those staying in Clubhouse)

NEXT STEPS:
If interested in attending, following are the next steps:

•   Wednesday, May 1:  Rank your preferences among the various options; for example:
               o    Clubhouse, single occupancy (3)
               o    Clubhouse, double occupancy (1)
               o    Lodge, single occupancy (4)
               o    Lodge, double occupancy (2)
               o    Golf only; no lodging

By Thursday, May 2, please provide me your preferences in one of the following ways:
               o    Email (hriefs <at> yahoo.com)
               o    PM
               o    Post to the Streamsong 2014 thread: http://bit.ly/11DQfbk
               o    Or log it in the following Google Docs spreadsheet, where I will be keeping the information: http://bit.ly/10Bf0Iq

•   Thursday, May 2:  I will be reviewing the preferences provided by those who are interested, and making the lodging assignments. Key items/steps:

1.    I will give preference to those who attended the GCA Streamsong 2013 event for their lodging selection. As of now eight of those 16 participants have expressed interest.

2.    From there, I will have a blind “lottery-style” among all others, and make assignments based the order picked and their preferences. Please note that if you want to stay in the Clubhouse, there are only a select number of these rooms. If you want to stay in the Lodge, then you will have no problem with your request.

3.    The lottery draw will also help for if/when people staying in the Clubhouse need to drop out; they will be replaced by those next in order on the “lottery list” who prefer to stay in the Clubhouse room that became available, etc.  

•   By Friday, May 3:  I will post the lodging assignments to the GCA board and also in the Google Docs spreadsheet.  

•   By Monday, May 13:  Non-refundable deposit of $300/person (need to confirm) is due to Streamsong. You will pay them directly. I will provide logistics next week. If you need to drop out after paying the deposit, you can transfer your spot to another person and they can reimburse you for the deposit amount.

•   February 13, 2014:  Balance amount is due to Streamsong. Non-refundable.  

If you haven't already expressed interest and want to learn more about pricing, please let me know.  If you can't commit now that's understandable; just let me know when you can and I'll see if space is available.

Thanks, and I hope you can join us next year at Streamsong!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 10:38:52 AM by Howard Riefs »

Howard Riefs

« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2013, 03:40:37 PM »
Still waiting for the responses (hopefully affirmative!) from many of you who were initially interested in the return outing to Streamsong!

It should be a no-brainer...

Great dates!
Great rates!
Great golf!
Great company!
Great venue!
Great area BBQ!
    and last, but not least....
Over-anxious group coordinator!

David Royer

« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2013, 03:50:14 PM »
Howard, I will be a non-lodging participant.  Please advise on any playing deposits.  Thank you for doing such a great job on event planning.  If I ever divorce and re-marry (highly doubtful, too expensive) you're the event planner!

Howard Riefs

« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2013, 08:56:30 PM »
Howard, I will be a non-lodging participant.  Please advise on any playing deposits.  

Super. I'll put you down as golf only. I connected with the resort. If you stay off-site, a deposit is not required for golf only.

Thank you for doing such a great job on event planning.  If I ever divorce and re-marry (highly doubtful, too expensive) you're the event planner!

No problem. Let me know when you need me to coordinate the big party for your Silver Anniversary when the time comes. I know the perfect location in Polk County, Fla.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 11:18:15 PM by Howard Riefs »

Peter Le

Re: Streamsong 2014 GCA Outing -- WHO'S IN?
« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2013, 09:26:59 PM »
Howard,
Recently came back from the Red and Blue - loved it. I'm definitely in! Thanks for setting this up.
PL

Jon Stein

« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2013, 09:54:15 PM »
Howard,

I am in as well!!  Looking forward to experiencing these courses next year with GCA!

Thanks,

Jon
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 06:05:04 PM by Jon Stein »

Steve Wilson

« Reply #116 on: May 01, 2013, 10:28:11 AM »
Interested, add me to the list.

boothill@frontiernet.net
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 12:58:08 PM by Steve Wilson »
Some days you play golf, some days you find things.

I'm not really registered, but I couldn't find a symbol for certifiable.

"Every good drive by a high handicapper will be punished..."  Garland Bailey at the BUDA in sharing with me what the better player should always remember.

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #117 on: May 01, 2013, 11:00:05 AM »
I am in...

Howard Riefs

Re: Streamsong 2014 GCA Outing -- UPDATED DEADLINE
« Reply #118 on: May 01, 2013, 07:07:44 PM »
A great response so far but we have more rooms and tee times to fill! Streamsong should be teeming over with GCAers.

Thus far, we have 17 guys signed up.  We're already ahead of this year's 16 participants.  Not bad.  But let's push that number higher. Sure, I know it's difficult to make the commitment this far out but who wouldn't want to spend 3+ days at Streamsong with this illustrious group:

Powell Arms, Chris Hufnagel, Jerry Kluger, Jonathan Mallard, Steve Wilson, Michael Whitaker, Jon Byron, Robert Emmons, Charlie Dusic, Jon Stein, Peter Le, Michael Wharton-Palmer, Howard Riefs, David Royer, Bryan Izatt, Jud Tigerman

Plus, doesn't the Minnesota crew realize that this is as close as they'll get to golf in March next year?  

So... I've decided to push out the deadline about a week. Hopefully, this encourages more of you to dedicate the necessary time and energy to focus on your 2014 golf schedule. The updated schedule of next steps for those interested:

•   By Friday, May 10:  Rank your preferences among the various options; for example:
               o    Clubhouse, single occupancy (3)
               o    Clubhouse, double occupancy (1)
               o    Lodge, single occupancy (4)
               o    Lodge, double occupancy (2)
               o    Golf only; no lodging

Please provide me your preferences in one of the following ways:
               o    Email (hriefs <at> yahoo.com)
               o    PM
               o    Post to the Streamsong 2014 thread: http://bit.ly/11DQfbk
               o    Or log it in the following Google Docs spreadsheet, where I will be keeping the information: http://bit.ly/10Bf0Iq

•   Saturday, May 11:  I will be reviewing the preferences provided by those who are interested, and making the lodging assignments. Key items/steps:

1.    I will give preference to those who attended the GCA Streamsong 2013 event for their lodging selection. As of now eight of those 16 participants have expressed interest.

2.    From there, I will have a blind “lottery-style” among all others, and make assignments based the order picked and their preferences. Please note that if you want to stay in the Clubhouse, there are only a select number of these rooms. If you want to stay in the Lodge, then you will have no problem with your request.

3.    The lottery draw will also help for if/when people staying in the Clubhouse need to drop out; they will be replaced by those next in order on the “lottery list” who prefer to stay in the Clubhouse room that became available, etc.  

•   By Monday, May 13:  I will post the lodging assignments to the GCA board and also in the Google Docs spreadsheet.  

•   By Thursday, May 23:  Non-refundable deposit of $300/person (need to confirm) is due to Streamsong. You will pay them directly. I will provide logistics next week. If you need to drop out after paying the deposit, you can transfer your spot to another person and they can reimburse you for the deposit amount.

•   February 13, 2014:  Balance amount is due to Streamsong. Non-refundable.  

Chris_Hufnagel

Re: Streamsong 2014 GCA Outing -- UPDATED DEADLINE
« Reply #119 on: May 01, 2013, 07:38:06 PM »
Howard, I am sure I speak for a lot of guys on this board - but you are a good sport to take point on all the logistics for an event like this. We really appreciate all your efforts here to coordinate a great trip. It should be a great weekend...

John_Cullum

Re: Streamsong 2014 GCA Outing -- DEADLINE EXTENDED
« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2013, 09:26:54 AM »
I'm curious

JCullum1207@msn.com
"We finally beat Medicare. "

Connor Dougherty

Re: Streamsong 2014 GCA Outing -- DEADLINE EXTENDED
« Reply #121 on: May 06, 2013, 04:39:11 PM »
It pains me to say that this is the weekend before finals week at the U of O. Hope everyone has fun. Thanks for setting this all up Howard.
"The website is just one great post away from changing the world of golf architecture.  Make it." --Bart Bradley

Howard Riefs

Re: Streamsong 2014 GCA Outing -- LAST CALL
« Reply #122 on: May 08, 2013, 01:06:54 PM »
Last call for guaranteeing a spot in the 2014 outing.  I ask that you let me know by this Saturday if you'll be able to attend and your lodging preference. I'll review lodging requests on Sunday and then post assignments to the board by Monday along with logistics for deposits.

If you're not able to commit now, I can certainly understand as the date is 10 months out. Just let me know at a future date and we'll try to work it out based on the resort's availability.

It pains me to say that this is the weekend before finals week at the U of O. Hope everyone has fun. Thanks for setting this all up Howard.

Academics before golf?  Time to revisit those priorities. Perhaps another time.

Howard Riefs

Re: Streamsong 2014 GCA Outing -- LAST CALL
« Reply #123 on: May 10, 2013, 11:02:22 AM »
One last bump and attempt to sound like a carnival barker....  

"Step right up. Who wouldn't want to join this esteemed group for a long weekend at Streamsong?"

Lodging and Golf
Powell Arms
Chris Hufnagel
Jerry Kluger
Michael Wharton-Palmer
Jonathan Mallard
Steve Wilson
Jon Stein
Peter Le
Craig Disher
Matt Schmidt
Bill Brightly
Howard Riefs
Michael Whitaker
Jon Byron
Robert Emmons
Charlie Dusic

Golf only
Bryan Izatt
Tom Doak (if in Florida)
Pete Buczkowski (Saturday only)
Jerry McElroy
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 05:43:13 PM by Howard Riefs »

Howard Riefs

Re: Streamsong 2014 GCA Outing -- STEP RIGHT UP!
« Reply #124 on: May 16, 2013, 12:59:47 PM »
We're one step closer to the Streamsong 2014 outing!  Everyone who signed up will receive their preferred lodging request. As of now, we have 16 confirmed for lodging and golf; four (of various stages of commitment) for golf only.  

WHO'S WHERE:

Clubhouse, Single Occupancy
Powell Arms
Steve Wilson
Jon Byron
Mark Glatz

Clubhouse, Double Occupancy
Howard Riefs
Michael Wharton-Palmer
Michael Whitaker
Craig Disher
Bill Brightly
Jim Brightly
Chris Hufnagel
Matt Schmidt

Lodge, Single Occupancy
Jon Stein
Peter Le
Robert Emmons
Charlie Dusic
Mark Dawejko
Jim Gannon
Wayne Freeman
Terry Peters
Mike Miller

Lodge, Double Occupancy
Jerry Kluger
Fred Kline
Gene Farrell
Ron Kluwe

Golf only
David Royer
Bryan Izatt
Jud Tigerman
Tom Doak (if in Florida)
Pete B (Saturday only)
Jerry McElroy

FUTURE INTEREST:

We can certainly include others that may not be able to commit at this time; it will be on a space available basis.  Meaning: Streamsong will release the other rooms in the Clubhouse and they may be booked later.  With 216 rooms in the Lodge, there's plenty of space. I'll book additional tee times to keep us covered just in case.

NEXT STEPS:

* I am still waiting to receive a contract from Streamsong. I anticipate receiving it by early next week. Once I do, I'll notify everybody
* Streamsong will collect a $300 non-refundable deposit for those who signed up for lodging and golf. (If you need to cancel, we can try to transfer it to another person if they sign up at a future date.)
* There is no deposit for those who are golf only
* Deadline for the deposit is likely two weeks from the date that I receive the contract
* You will pay Streamsong directly for the deposit. I'll provide logistics as soon as I confirm them.

Any questions?

Google Docs spreadsheet with details:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhSw3jD90uARdHhPXzNndG1vajJlRnpFX1JzRXpKakE#gid=0
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 06:08:30 PM by Howard Riefs »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back