News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim_Coleman

Re: Rule Violation At Doral?
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2013, 01:09:05 PM »
Steve:  I think the rule only applies in stroke play competition - protecting the field.

Steve Wilson

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2013, 01:42:25 PM »
Well, Jim, as Bob and I played stroke play rather than match, I'd say that the rule probablyl applies but I suspect I was punished enough by the carom off the green into the wilderness.
Some days you play golf, some days you find things.

I'm not really registered, but I couldn't find a symbol for certifiable.

"Every good drive by a high handicapper will be punished..."  Garland Bailey at the BUDA in sharing with me what the better player should always remember.

David Bartman

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2013, 04:32:15 PM »
A brief summary of Rule 22:

If a player believes a ball INTERFERES with his shot, he MAY have that ball marked.

If a player believes HIS BALL may ASSIST any other player's shot, he has a right to mark before that player plays.

A player can't mark just because he thinks his ball may interfere with another player's shot--he must be asked to do so.  (Unless his ball is on the green of course).

If a player refuses  to allow a player to invoke his rights (either he plays before a player wishing to mark can mark or he refuses to mark his ball when asked, then that player is disqualified).

If player's agree not to mark so as to give a player an advantage for their shot, they are disqualified. 

Knowing the rules gives you an advantage all over the golf course, this rule in particular , can be an advantage especially if your opponent or playing partner doesn't know that they are entitled to mark their ball before you play your shot to the green. 
Still need to play Pine Valley!!

Jim_Coleman

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2013, 04:50:20 PM »
    There it is again.  Rose chips to 2 feet.  The ball is left there (not in either's line) as Els and Woods come out of the bunker.  The ball can only help a shot that is hit two feet right of the cup.  Rose had all the time in the world to mark it.  There is no way there is not an unspoken agreement that these guys will help each other out.  Leaving that ball there served ONLY one purpose.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back