News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Stan Dodd

Re: Marginal OT - My annual 'who's coming to Scotland' thread
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2013, 02:08:42 PM »
Rich,
I will be arriving on Aug 1 st and would love to join you.
Stan
Also I will be in Dornoch from Aug 1 until Sept 14 and will  be happy to host any GCAers.

Rich Goodale

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2013, 03:36:15 PM »
You're in for the 1st, Stan!  If you want to play on the big course on the 2nd you'll have to also agree to playing in the 30th anniversary of the "Dads and Lads" on the Struie.  Whether you play as a Dad or a Lad will depend on the numbers......
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2013, 03:58:42 PM »
July 6th to 13th

Kingsbarns
TOC
TNC
Jubilee
Carnoustie
Nairn
Royal Dornoch and the Glenmorangie Distillery.

Cannot wait.
We have a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you.

Jim Colton

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2013, 05:06:14 PM »
Looks like I will be going to Scotland twice this summer, once around June 27th (Hundred Hole Hike at St Andrews) and possibly again at the end of August.

Colin Macqueen

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2013, 05:12:22 PM »
Rich,

I will be at Tomintoul from 27th July until 2nd August any chance of a wayward antipodean Scot snaring one of those spots. I guess FBD would be the icing on a Dundee cake if he managed along as well! It is only a 2 hour drive from Tomintoul to Dornoch and should be fairly scenic. Neat if we can do it.

Cheers Colin
"Golf, thou art a gentle sprite, I owe thee much"
The Hielander

Bill_McBride

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2013, 06:32:23 PM »
July 6th to 13th

Kingsbarns
TOC
TNC
Jubilee
Carnoustie
Nairn

Cannot wait.

Try the Glenmorangie Nectar d'Or.  Melvyn gave me a bottle in 2008, wonderfully smooth. 

I am still mad at myself for not playing the Eden Course.  Maybe you can slip in a round and join everyone else who has told me what I missed!   ;D

Mark Pearce

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2013, 04:23:15 AM »
July 6th to 13th

Kingsbarns
TOC
TNC
Jubilee
Carnoustie
Nairn

Cannot wait.
Think about swapping the Jubile out for a round on the Eden.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Nick Church

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2013, 01:48:03 PM »
My inaugural trip to Scotland is set for June!  My band of brothers and I are very excited.

Malcolm Mckinnon

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2013, 05:33:26 PM »
A bit late to the party on this thread.

My Daughter starts classes at the Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies on August 5th, and I am considering traveling over and helping her get set up in Edinburgh. As she will be getting a flat in the city I'm contemplating staying there and making day trips around Fife and the Lothians for golf as well as enjoying the city and the Fringe Festival.

I might stay the whole month of August.

Would love to join other GCA-ers for golf if this comes together.

I see that the Golf House Club at Elie offers a 4 week ticket at a bargain price vis a vis paying daily greens fees. Would I be able to get there in about an hour by car from the city center?

David_Tepper

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2013, 05:43:39 PM »
I will be in Dornoch May 3 to June 1. GCA-ers (and lurkers too!) are welcome to get in touch if you will be visiting the bonnie Highlands then.

You can PM me here or e-mail me at: tcmnav@aol.com

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2013, 06:54:34 PM »
All starting to look good, boys. Looks like a busy summer on the cards. For those coming to Fife please drop me a pm a few weeks before if you want to hook up. Hoping to catch up with some old pals again this year with one or two surprises in store!
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Jon Byron

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2013, 11:31:45 PM »
I played two rounds last summer in East Lothian on a quick stop on my way to London and it was simply fantastic. Would love to drop by Edinburgh or Glasgow again this summer if I could join up for a round or two. :)
Haven't played since yesterday, not playing until tomorrow, hardly playing at all!

Mark Pearce

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2013, 03:50:19 AM »
Malcolm,

If you are in Fife the first two weeks of August send me a pm and we can play at Crail or Elie (or wherever else takes your fancy).  Elie is doable in an hour from Edinburgh depending on traffic in the city centre and where you are staying.  I don't know what the four week deal is but bear in mind that Elie is very busy in the first half of August and morning tee times would need to be booked.  There is also a big foursomes competition in the second week that means that getting a time the first few days of that week can be tricky.

In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2013, 03:55:23 AM »
Malcolm not yet sure when we'll be up there but keep in touch.

Have a look at the Gullane website. there are terrifice 3 and 4 day packages which could easily be 54 hole days.  1/2 hour form the city centre.

There's also a links pass offering a similar deal at St Andrews (exlcudes TOC).

The festival is fun but it's so packed you will want a few quiet days out of town.
Let's make GCA grate again!

Bill_McBride

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2013, 10:22:14 AM »
Malcolm,

If you are in Fife the first two weeks of August send me a pm and we can play at Crail or Elie (or wherever else takes your fancy).  Elie is doable in an hour from Edinburgh depending on traffic in the city centre and where you are staying.  I don't know what the four week deal is but bear in mind that Elie is very busy in the first half of August and morning tee times would need to be booked.  There is also a big foursomes competition in the second week that means that getting a time the first few days of that week can be tricky.

Mark, I'm planning a week in Fife sometime in May 2014 with son David.  Would love to play both Crail and Elie. 

Malcolm Mckinnon

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2013, 10:55:56 AM »
Thanks Guys,

Yes, I did see that Elie limits non members to Tee times after 3:00 PM through August 18th so I am now thinking about a fortnight ticket for the second half of August and getting my daily greens fee visits into the first part of the month.

I would love to play Crail too!

I have heard that the Fringe can be annoying. I really would love to attend Hogmanay or Beltane.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 10:58:57 AM by Malcolm Mckinnon »

Britt Rife

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2013, 11:19:44 AM »
I have a totally unambitious trip booked in mid-June:

Just East Lothian.

North Berwick (multiple rounds/days)
Glen Golf/North Berwick East
Kilspindie
Gullane 1 & 3
Dunbar
Luffness New

I did Fife last time.  Why does no one gush over Leven?  It's really a perfect place, as far as I'm concerned.

Ken Moum

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2013, 02:45:16 PM »
A bit late to the party on this thread.

My Daughter starts classes at the Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies on August 5th, and I am considering traveling over and helping her get set up in Edinburgh.

Would love to join other GCA-ers for golf if this comes together.

I see that the Golf House Club at Elie offers a 4 week ticket at a bargain price vis a vis paying daily greens fees. Would I be able to get there in about an hour by car from the city center?

My wife and I are flying into Edinburgh on Aug. 5 and plan to spend a few day there, then head to Fife  for a few days.  We have a house in Dornoch rented for 12 days starting Aug. 17.  We hope to include a some time in the Fraserburgh/Nairn area either before or after Dornoch.

Ken
Over time, the guy in the ideal position derives an advantage, and delivering him further  advantage is not worth making the rest of the players suffer at the expense of fun, variety, and ultimately cost -- Jeff Warne, 12-08-2010

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2013, 04:25:56 PM »
July 6th to 13th

Kingsbarns
TOC
TNC
Jubilee
Carnoustie
Nairn

Cannot wait.

Try the Glenmorangie Nectar d'Or.  Melvyn gave me a bottle in 2008, wonderfully smooth. 

I am still mad at myself for not playing the Eden Course.  Maybe you can slip in a round and join everyone else who has told me what I missed!   ;D
made the call today, Melvyn gave you a bottle. All he ever gave me was crap for being a moron.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2013, 09:00:33 AM »
July 6th to 13th

Kingsbarns
TOC
TNC
Jubilee
Carnoustie
Nairn

Cannot wait.

made the call today, Melvyn gave you a bottle. All he ever gave me was crap for being a moron.

Actually that was Mucci. 

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2013, 09:19:19 AM »
Bill,
Actually it was both, have to love a DG where you come for information and leave with abuse?? It's like a Monty Python skit. Booked Eden for Sunday July 7th. That will give me all seven trust courses, great idea. Will report back, ed

SL_Solow

« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2013, 01:39:00 PM »
My son and I will be arriving in Aberdeen on September 16.  Working our way to dornoch and back leaving the 21st. 

J Cabarcos

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2013, 03:31:51 PM »
July 9th - July 21st.

1- Cruden Bay 36
2- North Berwick 36
3- Prestwick 36
4- TOC 36?
Runner up for next time around Royal Dornoch. 

Happy to have finalized my itinerary to Scotland.  Now I just got to make sure I got some proper rain gear as my previous trip to Ireland taught me : )  Hopefully, the intermittent showers will be kept to a minimum.

Leven Links does not seem much far from St. Andrews to squeeze it in.  The photo gallery on their website is very nice!

Dan Boerger

« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2013, 03:35:22 PM »
Mid-May -- Dornoch!

Can't wait.
"Man should practice moderation in all things, including moderation."  Mark Twain

Mike Leveille

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2013, 04:18:37 PM »
I will be in Dornoch from June 14 - 29.  I would be glad to host any GCAers who may be in town during that time, subject to tee time availability.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back