News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matt Neff

Re: Should tee boxes point you towards the fairway?
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2013, 11:02:11 AM »
Maybe I'm missing something but I will never understand how tee and/or tee marker alignment can be blamed for golfer alignment issues.  Stand behind the ball, pick a line, and hit it for chrissake.  Obviously, blind tee shots are another matter.  Not saying that an effort shouldn't be made to make sure tee markers are properly set but c'mon.  Do you need a caddy carrying a set of tee markers so you can set up for your approach shots too?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 11:23:08 AM by Matthew Neff »

jeffwarne

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2013, 11:05:18 AM »
.  Do you need a caddy carrying a set of tee markers so you can set up for your approach shots too?

That's the best comment I've ever heard on the subject ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I'm going to use that as my own of course ;)
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Sean_A

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2013, 11:06:57 AM »
Okay

For the guys who like crooked tees, what if a tee is pointed 45 degrees away from the fairway?  How far off-line is okay - 15 degrees, 25 degrees? This just seems like crazy talk.  Of course if a tee is squared off it will look better pointed toward the fairway.   That strikes me as common sense and not some sort of archie conspiracy to hep golfers. 

Ciao
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 11:08:41 AM by Sean Arble »
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

jeffwarne

Re: Should tee boxes point you towards the fairway? New
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2013, 11:13:12 AM »
Okay

For the guys who like crooked tees, what if a tee is pointed 45 degrees away from the fairway?  How far off-line is okay - 15 degrees, 25 degrees? This just seems like crazy talk.  Of course if a tee is squared off it will look better pointed toward the fairway.   That strikes me as common sense and not some sort of archie conspiracy to hep golfers.  

Ciao

Sean, What'd you guys do back in the day when you teed off a clublength from the old cup? ;)
After you were finished with the sheep ;D ;D

and look at it this way, if the tee markers are 180 degrees "off" they'll be perfect ;D ;D
Sorry, trapped in the house thanks to Nemo::) ::)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:53:27 PM by jeffwarne »
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Matt Neff

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2013, 11:27:18 AM »
I'm going to use that as my own of course ;)

By all means sir ;)

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2013, 12:01:09 PM »
Okay

For the guys who like crooked tees, what if a tee is pointed 45 degrees away from the fairway?  How far off-line is okay - 15 degrees, 25 degrees? This just seems like crazy talk.  Of course if a tee is squared off it will look better pointed toward the fairway.   That strikes me as common sense and not some sort of archie conspiracy to hep golfers. 

Ciao

Sean, What'd you guys do back in the day when you teed off a clublength from the old cup? ;)
After you were finished with the sheep ;D ;D

There were no straight lines given to you in those examples. If an architect is working with straight lines, then he may as well align them (at least nominally)..... So don't work with straight lines

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back