News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Patrick Glynn

Quick Question - Pinehurst #2
« on: February 02, 2013, 01:43:15 PM »
Hi All,

I am hoping that I can pick the treehouse’s brain on Pinehurst #2... If you could provide a little clarity on the Pinehurst reservation process that would be appreciated. I am looking to organise a game on #2 in early March and was trying to get a handle on the options for playing there...

My only requirement is golf for 2; we would sleep in a tent if necessary. If I understand the site correctly:

1. Pinehurst Golf Package - Manor Inn
Breakdown : $400 for double room and breakfast, add $185 premium on #2 (each).
Total Cost : $770

2. Is there an option to just play golf on #2?

3. Is there a replay rate / is it possible to play 36 on #2 in one day?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as the site gives just enough information to get me interested, but not enough for me to lock down plans.

Regards,

Patrick
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 05:48:08 PM by Patrick Glynn »

Ronald Montesano

Re: Quick Question - Pinehurst #2
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 03:03:56 PM »
Patrick...see my PM to you.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Patrick Glynn

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 03:57:31 PM »
Thanks Ronald - its slightly harder to organise when you are doing so from Ireland.

Any tips / recommendations out there - please let me know.

Regards,

Patrick

Norman Olsen

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 04:24:33 PM »
Patrick can you PM me the info that Ronald shared with you?  I too am hoping to play Pinehurst #2 this year and I have to believe there is a more cost effective way to play than through the stay and play golf packages.

Patrick Glynn

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 04:28:56 PM »
Hi Norman,

No trade secrets - just an email address @ the resort.

Patrick

Norman Olsen

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 04:57:11 PM »
okay thanks patrick

Matt MacIver

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 07:00:20 PM »
I believe you have to stay on campus to pre-book #2, otherwise you can call the afternoon before and try to get lucky.  This is just a guess but I would think this route should work in March, esp. if you're flexible on tee times.

rjsimper

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 07:40:54 PM »
You can pay the "walk up" rate without staying on-site, but you are subject to availability.

I do believe there is a replay rate, however again, subject to availability and also subject to member play. In the summer months, they sometimes close the course in the afternoons to minimize heat stress.

Don't forget to add caddie fee and tip to your price...or cart. No walk and carry for mere mortals.

Bryan Izatt

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 02:28:39 AM »
Patrick,

I passed through there a month ago with the intent of playing #2.  The stay and play were too pricey for me.  You can stay elsewhere and pay for golf only.  As Ryan says, you have to call the day before to see if they have a time.  The phone number is on the web site.  In December it wouldn't have been a problem getting on.  However, the green fee was $350 (off season) plus the extras Ryan mentions.  I imagine March would be at least shoulder season.  I don't know about the replay rate, or if one is available, the green fee alone was too daunting.  Spend a $ or 2 and call them and ask them the March price and replay rate. 

I played Pine Needles for a quarter of the price instead.  It was Ross and was very good with slightly less reputation.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 09:37:06 AM »
I suspect four reasons for playing #2:

~it is touted as Ross' finest course;
~can an inland course over such flat terrain be as good as hinted;
~what type of course is so special and healthy that the USGA can play US Opens in consecutive weeks across its grounds;
~what sort of restoration has an architectural team wrought that garners such attention?
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back