News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Craig Disher

Re: Playing from walk back tees
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2013, 11:38:15 PM »

You're right, but isn't that example more of a foursomes thing?

It's hard to hit that tee shot while your partner is screwing up the chip to #2!   ;D

It's not just used in foursomes. Two-ball games also do the same but they often opt to play off the yellow tees which are even with the 2nd green and don't require a walkback.

Mark McKeever

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2013, 08:50:50 AM »
A lot of our members do this on the 6th and 7th at Schuylkill CC.  Mostly walkers.  They hit a tee shot on the par 3 6th to the green, then walk over to 7 tee and hit a tee ball which is fairly close if youre playing the tips.  Then they finish out the par 3 and walk to the 7th fairway to keep playing.  I found it odd the first time I played with a group that did this, but it works okay.  Its never busy enough to cause a problem.

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2013, 08:59:34 AM »
Courses with these types of walk backs are rarely busy.  Coincidence???

Bill_McBride

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2013, 09:32:24 AM »
Very nice, Steve, thanks for the diagram.  #9 has a pretty good walk back too, and always did.  The new course was built over the old corridors in some cases. 

Doug Siebert

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2013, 10:20:03 PM »
Courses with these types of walk backs are rarely busy.  Coincidence???

Why should it matter, if it is just the back tees?  I think having back tees with no cart path access that require players to walk back are a good thing.  You have to really want to go back there to take the extra time, so it keeps the casual "I want to get my money's worth" crowd from playing back there just because they can.  If one's group is failing to keep pace as a result then it leaves a simple way for the ranger to speed things up!
My hovercraft is full of eels.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2013, 10:27:12 PM »
Doug,

I think you are confusing walk back tees with way back tees.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back