News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Evan Fleisher

Re: Dixie Cup 2013
« Reply #200 on: October 03, 2013, 03:26:04 PM »
Sorry I haven't checked in lately, but I'm out of the mix for the muni at Sanford.  I asked too many girls to the prom and have committed elsewhere for that morning.  Again, sorry.  For penance I'll play with hickory sticks and wear ludicrous suspenders. 

I took you off the Sanford Muni list.

Also, penance accepted...
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Brent Hutto

« Reply #201 on: October 03, 2013, 03:47:16 PM »
For penance I'll play with hickory sticks and wear ludicrous suspenders. 

Hey wait a minute, don't you always....

Oh, nevermind!

Steve Kline

« Reply #202 on: October 03, 2013, 04:01:09 PM »
Evan - I'll take you up on your offer to make the tee times at Sanford.

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #203 on: October 03, 2013, 05:23:52 PM »
Steve: Might as well put down for Sanford.

4 Ball at President's Cup is going to be 5 hours - they should come to the Dixie Cup and learn how to play golf the way it was meant to be played in under 4 hours.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #204 on: October 03, 2013, 06:11:44 PM »

4 Ball at President's Cup is going to be 5 hours - they should come to the Dixie Cup and learn how to play golf the way it was meant to be played in under 4 hours.

You've seen GCAers play four ball that fast?   :o

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #205 on: October 03, 2013, 06:28:57 PM »
I do think it took a bit longer than usual at Streamsong - but those were grudge matches.

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #206 on: October 03, 2013, 11:50:15 PM »
I'm calling Sanford Muni tomorrow and making our tee times for early Friday AM...will post results once I make contact.
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #207 on: October 04, 2013, 07:47:27 AM »
Just got off the phone with Sanford Municipal GC...best I could do was back-to-back tee times at 8:10am and 8:20am...should be enough time to play and get to Tobacco Road, the two courses are about 15 minutes apart.

ChipRoyce

« Reply #208 on: October 04, 2013, 10:58:51 AM »
Just got off the phone with Sanford Municipal GC...best I could do was back-to-back tee times at 8:10am and 8:20am...should be enough time to play and get to Tobacco Road, the two courses are about 15 minutes apart.

Thanks Evan for getting the tee times; I'm confirmed for that morning!

Eric Strulowitz

« Reply #209 on: October 04, 2013, 01:37:45 PM »

Great, will be there for sure.  Look forward to it!

Cory Lewis

« Reply #210 on: October 06, 2013, 11:25:13 AM »
Okay...I guess (as the North Captain and also the BBQ coordinator?) I'll make an "executive decision" regarding our dinner gathering at the Pik N' Pig on Thursday, October 10th.  Let's call our meeting time 6:30pm as the restaurant looks to be 20-25 minutes from Mid Pines and this should give our late tee-r off-ers time to get there for grub.  The restaurant is only open until 8pm...so 6:30 gives us ample time to enjoy the finger-lickin' goodness and a few beverages of your choice.
A reminder to those attending the gathering at the Pik-N-Pig on Thursday.  They do not take Credit Cards.  Make sure you have cash!
Instagram: @2000golfcourses
http://2000golfcourses.blogspot.com

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #211 on: October 07, 2013, 07:02:01 AM »
The captains have finally gotten together and developed our rules of play for the weekend as well as prepared our Friday pairings, so without further delay...

==RULES==
There are 23 total players (one “extra” on Saturday [Ed Getka]), but for ease-sake let’s call it 22, which means there will be 2 teams of 11 players each.  North Team will be captained by Evan Fleisher, South Team will be captained by Michael Christiansen.  The games will be as follows:

Thursday (TBD) – free play, does not count for the competition
Friday (Tobacco Road) – five Four Ball matches (5 points total)
Saturday (Dormie Club) – five Four Ball matches and one singles match (6 points total)
Sunday (Dormie Club) – eleven Singles matches (11 points total)

That will give us 22 total competitive points, which means to win each team will need 11 ½ points.

We will play off the lowest handicap in the four ball group and do the same for the singles-play day.  Any individual can choose any tee to play from (for themselves)…no one will be forced to play from a longer tee than what they are comfortable with (and that can be monitored within each foursome as they tee off, again to try and make it fair/fun for each player)…stroke holes will be adjusted accordingly.

==TEAMS==
~NORTH~
NAME                                        INDEX                      EXTRA INFO
Morgan Clawson                           16.9
Evan Fleisher                                13.6                        Captain
Tyler Kearns                                 3.0
Steve Kline                                   5.4
Jerry Kluger                                  6.7
Ward Peyronin                              5.0
Chip Royce                                   7.2
David Royer                                  5.7
Chris Shaida                                 11.8
Jim Sherma                                  5.0
Steve Wilson                                16.8

~SOUTH~
NAME                                        INDEX                       EXTRA INFO
Michael Christensen                       12.0                        Captain
Craig Disher                                  14.0
Lou Duran                                     8.0
Joe Fairey                                     1.8                         (Sat / Sun only)
Bill Gayne                                     13.7                        (Sat / Sun only)
Ed Getka                                      12.0                        (Sat only)
Greg Krueger                                5.1
Cory Lewis                                    0.0
Bill McBride                                   16.0
Harwell Palmer                              6.4
Eric Strulowitz                               18.7
Mike Whitaker                               9.2

==FRIDAY PAIRINGS @ TOBACCO ROAD==
Match #1 – Greg Krueger / Cory Lewis (SOUTH) vs. David Royer / Ward Peyronnin (NORTH)
Match #2 – Bill McBride / Michael Christensen (SOUTH) vs. Morgan Clawson / Chris Shaida (NORTH)
Match #3 – Craig Disher / Mike Whitaker (SOUTH) vs. Evan Fleisher / Chip Royce (NORTH)
Match #4 – Lou Duran / Harwell Palmer (SOUTH) vs. Jerry Kluger / Tyler Kearns (NORTH)
Match #5 – Eric Strulowitz / Jim Sherma (SOUTH) vs. Steve Wilson / Steve Kline (NORTH)

==SATURDAY PAIRINGS @ DORMIE CLUB==
Match #1 – Harwell Palmer (SOUTH) vs. Steve Kline (NORTH)  ...and Ed Getka ("Marker")
Match #2 – Lou Duran / Joe Fairey (SOUTH) vs. David Royer / Tyler Kearns (NORTH)
Match #3 – Mike Whitaker / Cory Lewis  (SOUTH) vs. Jerry Kluger / Ward Peyronnin (NORTH)
Match #4 – Craig Disher / Michael Christensen (SOUTH) vs. Evan Fleisher / Jim Sherma (NORTH)
Match #5 – Eric Strulowitz / Greg Krueger (SOUTH) vs. Chris Shaida / Chip Royce (NORTH)
Match #6 – Bill McBride / Bill Gayne (SOUTH) vs. Morgan Clawson / Steve Wilson (NORTH)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 11:10:53 AM by Evan Fleisher »

Steve Kline

« Reply #212 on: October 07, 2013, 08:40:04 AM »
How come in Match 5 you have Jim Sherma playing on a South team but on the team lists above you have him on the North team?

Cory Lewis

« Reply #213 on: October 07, 2013, 08:51:03 AM »
How come in Match 5 you have Jim Sherma playing on a South team but on the team lists above you have him on the North team?
Because only 9 members of the South team are playing on Friday.
Instagram: @2000golfcourses
http://2000golfcourses.blogspot.com

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #214 on: October 07, 2013, 11:02:07 AM »
Cory is right...we had a team "quantity" imbalance on Friday so I graciously offered up one of my guys to make it even.  Don't worry...he's not going to throw the match or anything (but bribes and favors will be entertained)...  8)

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #215 on: October 07, 2013, 11:11:53 AM »
I just updated / added to the pairings above...now included are both Friday and Saturday match-ups.  Let the ribbing begin!!!

Mike Hendren

« Reply #216 on: October 07, 2013, 11:16:47 AM »
Bobbie Sox
Knee Sox
Nylon Hose
Here comes the North Team
Hold your nose!

Let's go boys!   

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Eric Smith

« Reply #217 on: October 07, 2013, 11:23:51 AM »
Cory is right...we had a team "quantity" imbalance on Friday so I graciously offered up one of my guys to make it even.  Don't worry...he's not going to throw the match or anything (but bribes and favors will be entertained)...  8)

A solid backroom strategy. Team South went 2-0 last year with me playing switch hitter at Chechessee.  ;D

Jim Sherma

« Reply #218 on: October 07, 2013, 11:36:54 AM »
I gurantee impartiality in my Friday match as well as silence as to any inducements that might be coming my way. Besides, Tobacco Road looks loike a course that is well out of my comfort zone and I have no idea where my game will be on it.

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #219 on: October 07, 2013, 01:10:18 PM »
Match #2 – Lou Duran / Joe Fairey (SOUTH) vs. David Royer / Tyler Kearns (NORTH)

I'd buy a ticket to watch this match!
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Bill_McBride

« Reply #220 on: October 07, 2013, 01:23:48 PM »
Who's staying at the Pinecrest?   Cocktails in Mr. B's after the BBQ Thursday night!

Craig Disher

« Reply #221 on: October 07, 2013, 01:27:54 PM »

I'd buy a ticket to watch this match!

All we have to do is keep up the pace and we'll have a front row seat at no charge.

Steve Kline

« Reply #222 on: October 07, 2013, 01:40:22 PM »
Who's staying at the Pinecrest?   Cocktails in Mr. B's after the BBQ Thursday night!

I'm staying at my parents' house in Southern Pines but I'll come join the gang for a little bit.

Carl Nichols

« Reply #223 on: October 07, 2013, 01:42:40 PM »
Jerry Kluger wrote:

BIll McBride wrote:

You've seen GCAers play four ball that fast?

Bill:
I'll take the over. 

ward peyronnin

« Reply #224 on: October 07, 2013, 07:35:14 PM »
Bill

I'll see you there but it sounds like the age old ploy of the southern team plying yankees with likker the night before
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back