News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Evan Fleisher

Re: Dixie Cup 2013
« Reply #175 on: September 27, 2013, 03:49:54 PM »
I am still interested in a round Friday morning at Sanford Municipal before Tobacco Road. I'm in Jackson Hole at the moment but I can check tee times next week. How many definitely want to play?

Evan - We have a foursome playing Mid Pines on Thursday around 1:30. I would love to join you for BBQ for dinner that night.

Steve,

Based on a review of this thread, here is an aggregated list of folks who appear solidly interested in a Friday early AM round at Sanford Municipal Golf Course (before the TR round):

== 8 PLAYERS ==
Evan Fleisher
Tyler Kearns
Steve Kline
Jerry Kluger
Harwell Palmer
Chip Royce
Jim Sherma
Eric Strulowitz

As others pipe in with their interest we can update this list and ensure we secure enough tee times to accommodate those interested.  You can be in charge of booking the tee times, or if you want to defer I'd be happy to take on the responsibility.  I think we still have plenty of time before we need to "pull the trigger" on calling the course.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 07:19:11 PM by Evan Fleisher »
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Mike Hendren

« Reply #176 on: September 27, 2013, 05:16:53 PM »
You boys have fun.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 05:23:33 PM by Michael_Hendren »
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Tyler Kearns

« Reply #177 on: September 27, 2013, 07:51:34 PM »
I am still interested in a round Friday morning at Sanford Municipal before Tobacco Road. I'm in Jackson Hole at the moment but I can check tee times next week. How many definitely want to play?

Evan - We have a foursome playing Mid Pines on Thursday around 1:30. I would love to join you for BBQ for dinner that night.

Steve,

Based on a review of this thread, here is an aggregated list of folks who appear solidly interested in a Friday early AM round at Sanford Municipal Golf Course (before the TR round):

== 6 PLAYERS ==
Evan Fleisher
Steve Kline
Chip Royce
Jim Sherma
Eric Strulowitz
Steve Wilson

As others pipe in with their interest we can update this list and ensure we secure enough tee times to accommodate those interested.  You can be in charge of booking the tee times, or if you want to defer I'd be happy to take on the responsibility.  I think we still have plenty of time before we need to "pull the trigger" on calling the course.

Evan,

Please add my name to the list of those interested in playing Sanford early Friday morning.

TK

Harwell Palmer

« Reply #178 on: September 29, 2013, 06:22:52 PM »

== 7 PLAYERS ==
Evan Fleisher
Tyler Kearns
Steve Kline
Chip Royce
Jim Sherma
Eric Strulowitz
Steve Wilson

Please add me as well if the groupings work.

Harwell Palmer

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #179 on: September 29, 2013, 07:46:13 PM »
You boys have fun.

We will miss you, Bogie! Maybe next year... there is already talk of bringing our show to your home state!
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Steve Kline

« Reply #180 on: September 29, 2013, 08:48:48 PM »
Which city?

Hopefully Chattanooga as there is a lot of really good golf there. And the city is awesome.

Morgan Clawson

« Reply #181 on: September 30, 2013, 01:29:16 AM »
I would love to play Mid Pines on Thursday afternoon.

IN for the BBQ on Thu eve.

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #182 on: September 30, 2013, 07:08:39 AM »
Steve, Chip, Jim and I were going to Mid Pines Thursday afternoon and there was another foursome as well including Michael and Craig so if Morgan wants in we can go to threesomes and get a third time - I don't believe there is an issue with getting a tee time but I could be wrong and we still have plenty of time to get to eat some barbecue.

ward peyronnin

« Reply #183 on: September 30, 2013, 01:07:11 PM »
Hey If there is room to add to that Mid Pines format I can make by noon to 12:30 from Savannah. I think Shaida is arriving wed night now and he will want to join in too
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

Morgan Clawson

« Reply #184 on: September 30, 2013, 03:57:24 PM »
I fly in to Raleigh Durham airport a little after 11a on Thu and I have to pick-up a rental car.

So, I think I'll be hard pressed to make a tee time before 1pm, and 1:15 would probably be better.

Thanks.

ed_getka

« Reply #185 on: September 30, 2013, 07:12:37 PM »
Evan,
    I will plan on joining you guys for BBQ Thursday if life doesn't intervene.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

David Royer

« Reply #186 on: October 01, 2013, 12:57:19 PM »
Evan, I'll be at the BBQ on Thursday.  Thanks.

Eric Strulowitz

« Reply #187 on: October 01, 2013, 01:21:02 PM »
Will be at the BBQ Thursday night for sure.  I checked out the website and the menu, looks great!  Should be a real treat.  Look forward to seeing you'all there!

Tom Fagerli

« Reply #188 on: October 01, 2013, 02:01:27 PM »
Watch out for airplanes at Pik N Pig!

ward peyronnin

« Reply #189 on: October 02, 2013, 01:04:30 PM »
Evan suggested I post on the thread my availability to play Mid Pines Thursday. Would be looking for a time around 1:00 or a little later?

Big Ward
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #190 on: October 02, 2013, 01:38:39 PM »
Ward and Morgan:  Check with Mid Pines about tee times around ours and whatever number we wind up with we can split into groups as I for one don't have to play with a specific group and would certainly be willing to join you. 

Jim Sherma

« Reply #191 on: October 02, 2013, 01:41:11 PM »
Ward and Morgan:  Check with Mid Pines about tee times around ours and whatever number we wind up with we can split into groups as I for one don't have to play with a specific group and would certainly be willing to join you. 

I believe 12:51 and 1:18 are the times that are already locked in.

ward peyronnin

« Reply #192 on: October 02, 2013, 02:39:48 PM »
I can do either if there is room

Jim Sherma

« Reply #193 on: October 02, 2013, 02:52:55 PM »
Ward

I know the 1:18 has four and I believe that the 12:51 is also a foursome, if you get a third time in that area we can spread the players around to fill them.

Paul Jones

« Reply #194 on: October 02, 2013, 03:06:55 PM »
Looks to be a great Dixie Cup - sorry I am going to miss it.  Have fun and take pictures.
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

Steve Kline

« Reply #195 on: October 02, 2013, 05:30:58 PM »
I'll play in any of the groups at Mid Pines too. But going before one will be tough for me since my plan is to leave Cincinnati at 4:00 am Thursday morning for the 8 or so hour drive to Pinehurst.

ward peyronnin

« Reply #196 on: October 02, 2013, 09:08:28 PM »
All

I have just scored the 12:48 time and listed Shaida as a second and they are holding the other two places. Just call Tyler at the pro shop and sign up

Cheers
Wardo

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #197 on: October 02, 2013, 10:47:40 PM »
I can go out at the earlier time with Ward and Chris and let Morgan go out with the later group - whatever works - I will be there early and ready to go. 

Steve Wilson

« Reply #198 on: October 03, 2013, 08:24:10 AM »
Sorry I haven't checked in lately, but I'm out of the mix for the muni at Sanford.  I asked too many girls to the prom and have committed elsewhere for that morning.  Again, sorry.  For penance I'll play with hickory sticks and wear ludicrous suspenders. 
Some days you play golf, some days you find things.

I'm not really registered, but I couldn't find a symbol for certifiable.

"Every good drive by a high handicapper will be punished..."  Garland Bailey at the BUDA in sharing with me what the better player should always remember.

Morgan Clawson

« Reply #199 on: October 03, 2013, 03:13:00 PM »
Jerry -

I'll take you up on your very kind offer.

Much appreciated, and your beers are on me at the Pik N Pig!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back