News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim Colton

See Diamante on Golf Channel today
« on: January 09, 2013, 10:50:01 AM »
The World Club Championship presented by GOLF Magazine will be televised on the Golf Channel at 3:30 PM ET today. Interesting video w/ Davis Love and Joe Passov on the home page talking about Diamante's 58th spot in the World Rankings.

http://www.worldclubchampionship.org/

Looks like a fun event and a great course. Did they televise the event last year at Nine Bridges?

Michael Wharton-Palmer

Re: See Diamante on Golf Channel today
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 11:43:50 AM »
Having just spent Christmas there for the week, I can second the great course..
I first went there two years ago as a rater and left the facility as a fractional owner, this my my first trip there seeing the finished Residence Cklub..amazing week.
Great staff, great food...awesome practice facility...it us heaven....and With Greg down the road at del Sol...paradise.

Jud_T

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 11:54:28 AM »
Damn.  Now I've got those awesome tamales and salsa at the turn and killer fresh fruit cocktail on the 17th tee on the brain...
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 11:59:31 AM »
Not to mention tye breakfast sandwiches at the 'practice facility cantina...and for those who so choose...endless Tequilla at each "aid" station. ;D

Alex Miller

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 12:04:26 PM »
Awesome. Thanks for the heads up, Jim. I just set it to record from my phone (and downloaded the app so I could do so). Hopefully will get to play there next winter!

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 12:14:58 PM »
I actually saw the first showing while I was there, and it really does end up being a wonderful promotion show for the Club.
You cant buy promotion stuff this good!!!!

K. Krahenbuhl

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 01:59:35 PM »
Michael,

I heard mention during my visit that they were considering shifting 11 & 12 to the ocean side of the dune.  Any more information on that?

I would think that such a change could push the course even higher up the rankings (and deservedly so).

It's certainly not a traditional golf experience, but that doesn't stop it from being one of the best (especially when paired with Cabo Del Sol as you mentioned).

Jim,

They've been broadcasting this event for a few years now.  Last year's telecast showed no shortage of pomp and circumstance at Nine Bridges for the event.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 02:01:12 PM by Kyle Krahenbuhl »

John Butler

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 02:22:05 PM »
My Guide says the Golf Channel is showing the final round of the 2012 Sony Open today from 3 EST til 6, not Diamante.

Alex Miller

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 02:27:05 PM »
My Guide says the Golf Channel is showing the final round of the 2012 Sony Open today from 3 EST til 6, not Diamante.

Mine (cox) does show Diamante. I think yours may not have been updated, or at least one of ours is wrong.

Bryan Drennon

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 02:28:12 PM »
I have a friend that played in the event and have tried twice now to record it. Each time it was replaced with some other show. My guide also shows the Sony open at 3est today. Very strange.

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 02:51:30 PM »
Kyle,
It is actually 12 and 13 that are going to change to the dunes side of the course.
11 is that fantastic par 3 that will stay and then 12/13 will loop around to join the current 14th.
They are just waiting on the confirmation of permits to start work.
Work on the "Tiger woods"c course is already underway with about 5 holes rather well laid out to see, pre grassing already.

It appears to be all stations go down there and at least during Christmas week they moved alot of sales through the place, so it appears that Tiger's name is indeed still moving the needle.

K. Krahenbuhl

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 03:55:20 PM »
Thanks Michael - I of course meant 12 & 13.  Those hole stood out to me as not belonging with the rest of the course - a problem that it sounds like will be no more with this change. 

I took the short flight down from Houston last month and really enjoyed myself.  I could see the construction going full steam ahead on the second course at that time.  It's easy to see why people are getting on board.

Emile Bonfiglio

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 04:17:40 PM »
I was down there as well these past two weeks (not the best weather by Cabo standards). On my plane ride home an "owner" at Diamante said that club told him Tiger is doing 2 courses there (one will be private) as well as building a home on the back side of the DL3 Range with a private hitting bay.  He also said that Mike Keiser is working on the land just north of Diamante for a course as well. Lots of good rumors to run with.

You can follow me on twitter @luxhomemagpdx or instagram @option720

K. Krahenbuhl

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 04:27:12 PM »
Emile -

Tiger's home looked to be just about finished.  They were out pounding nails while I was playing.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 06:02:36 PM »
I actually saw the first showing while I was there, and it really does end up being a wonderful promotion show for the Club.
You cant buy promotion stuff this good!!!!

Actually, you can, and they did.  If you think this event is free to the host club, think again.  It's designed entirely for the p.r., and the clubs pay for every penny of it.  It has had a questionable effect on the GOLF Magazine rankings, as well ... I think Diamante belongs on their top 100 list, but perhaps not some (most) of the other courses to have hosted the event.

Emile:

They are going to build homes in the open sand between Diamante and the ocean?  Won't that spoil the place?

Emile Bonfiglio

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 06:35:44 PM »
Emile:

They are going to build homes in the open sand between Diamante and the ocean?  Won't that spoil the place?

Yes, but I actually think the 11 acre water pond and resort they have planned will be the real wrecking ball. This resort looked great in its raw undeveloped form, but I worry if all the plans are fulfilled if it will lose its luster.  The will at least have a green and one tee box on the ocean. It reminds me of what The El Dorado did in Cabo years ago, but the course on the best land and then remove/change the ocean front holes to fit in real estate.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 06:37:54 PM by Emile Bonfiglio »
You can follow me on twitter @luxhomemagpdx or instagram @option720

astavrides

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 10:29:19 PM »
Yeah, I tipped people to it the first time and set my DVR, but they didnt air it then.
http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,54347.0.html

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 08:54:35 AM »
Greetings from Diamante,

Regarding the 2012 World Club Championship (WCC) telecast today being postponed, most of us are aware that the first PGA TOUR event of the year, which was scheduled to end last Sunday, did not conclude until yesterday.  As Golf Channel has significant obligations to the PGA TOUR, they needed to shoehorn TOUR programming into today’s schedule as they have to broadcast the first round of this week’s TOUR event tomorrow.  The WCC telecast will now take place on Wednesday, 1/16 at 3:30pm EST.

Don’t forget to set your DVR’s……..again!!  We apologize for any inconvenience.

Greg Tallman

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2013, 04:26:54 PM »
Greetings from Diamante,

Regarding the 2012 World Club Championship (WCC) telecast today being postponed, most of us are aware that the first PGA TOUR event of the year, which was scheduled to end last Sunday, did not conclude until yesterday.  As Golf Channel has significant obligations to the PGA TOUR, they needed to shoehorn TOUR programming into today’s schedule as they have to broadcast the first round of this week’s TOUR event tomorrow.  The WCC telecast will now take place on Wednesday, 1/16 at 3:30pm EST.

Don’t forget to set your DVR’s……..again!!  We apologize for any inconvenience.

You are here AGAIN? Hope the knee is better. Stop by and see us.

TD and Emile,

The "beach development" at Diamante is not overly intrusive on the course though I think the ambiance whilst on the 5th green will be significantly altered. The bulk of the homes would be along the 15th which is a fairway of some 80 yards in width so the homes over there to the right will more as a drift fence from the shifting sands versus impediment to play (they are constantly clearing drifts from the 15th and 17th holes particularly.  

I don't think the "resort" property will be all that noticeable from the course either, only from holes 7 and 8 really. You couldn't really expect them to leave the scrubby desert look above the Dunes course could you? I mean anything would be a slight improvement in terms of visuals when looking left of #8.

In terms of MK looking at the land immediately north that would be a shock. The current owner would have to take 10-15 cents on the dollar of his current investment to have those guys even consider it.

There is another parcel a bit further north where the long time owner has seen some return in the form of deposits walked away from that might be of interest for a realistic price in this market.

I would say if anyone were to take the land immediately north of Diamante it would be... Diamante. That's just one guy's wild guess from 15 miles away.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 12:08:56 PM by Greg Tallman »

astavrides

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 11:45:52 PM »
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 09:49:35 AM by astavrides »

K. Krahenbuhl

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 11:54:19 PM »
Greetings from Diamante,

Regarding the 2012 World Club Championship (WCC) telecast today being postponed, most of us are aware that the first PGA TOUR event of the year, which was scheduled to end last Sunday, did not conclude until yesterday.  As Golf Channel has significant obligations to the PGA TOUR, they needed to shoehorn TOUR programming into today’s schedule as they have to broadcast the first round of this week’s TOUR event tomorrow.  The WCC telecast will now take place on Wednesday, 1/16 at 3:30pm EST.

Don’t forget to set your DVR’s……..again!!  We apologize for any inconvenience.

not on the schedule.  any other predictions as to when it might be aired?

As of now it will be shown tomorrow afternoon.

astavrides

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2013, 09:40:56 AM »
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 09:49:51 AM by astavrides »

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2013, 10:00:37 AM »
I agree with Greg there is some land North  of Diamante that has some great looking dunes and seems a nother "natural" golf course.
As I am sure Greg would confirm all the good golfing land is great but is the market really tehre for anymore developments, at this point in time I would think not.
Two quality golf courses like Diamante and Del Sol and a host of others that are at least good courses are currently less than optimally busy, and the American public still appear to be worried about the drug thing.
On my visits to the area, crime has honestly been never on my mind and personal safety never in doubt.

Greg Tallman

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 12:49:49 PM »
I agree with Greg there is some land North  of Diamante that has some great looking dunes and seems a nother "natural" golf course.
As I am sure Greg would confirm all the good golfing land is great but is the market really tehre for anymore developments, at this point in time I would think not.
Two quality golf courses like Diamante and Del Sol and a host of others that are at least good courses are currently less than optimally busy, and the American public still appear to be worried about the drug thing.
On my visits to the area, crime has honestly been never on my mind and personal safety never in doubt.

The best of the land is the parcel immediately north which is the one where the current owner would have to firesale the land for anyone to seriously consider it for the foreseeable future.  The David Kidd course that was routed on this land was going to be AWFUL as golf was not a priority at all with real estate placed throughout the primary dune which would have to be utilized for golf if a potential course would be even remotely close to the quality of Diamante. Even at that the land is not quite as compelling overall.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 06:39:29 PM by Greg Tallman »

JC Urbina

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2013, 05:47:52 PM »
Jim,

I wil be curious if Paul chimes in on that broadcast of Diamante.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back