News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ivan Morris

Re: Edinburgh or Dublin Vet School?
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2012, 02:30:14 PM »
Correct. All of those other Dublin's are mere impostors. Sterling makes everything seem very expensive, these days. 

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2012, 03:43:56 PM »
Interesting, we are suffering due to weak sterling and Europe is generally expensive for us. The pound is roughly $1.60 which is midpoint in value over the last 10-15 years.
Cave Nil Vino

Ivan Morris

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2012, 05:10:34 PM »
If the USA tumbles over that fiscal cliff - who knows what will happen?

Scott Warren

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2012, 05:50:08 PM »
Dublin is cheaper than precious few places in Europe and certainly not Edinburgh.

Portmarnock and European Club were more expensive than TOC and near two green fees at North Berwick not long ago and I dont imagine the equation has changed greatly. Food, beer, digs... all cheaper in Edinburgh.

London, Dornoch by train in an easy few hours - try doing that from Dublin!

Malcolm Mckinnon

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2012, 08:21:56 PM »
If Germany bags out of the Euro I might get a very inexpensive Vet education for my daughter in Ireland.

However, the politicians ability to keep kicking the can makes me think less strategically from a currency standpoint. Right now we are just evaluating the schools on their own merits.

I live in Princeton, NJ, USA so I am dealing in US Dollar. How these pieces of paper have any value is beyond my understanding except for the  print fest going on Worldwide.

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2012, 03:47:31 AM »
Malcolm,

Nothing is going to happen in Euro-Land till after the German elections next year. There is no way the Germans will drop the Euro though I wouldn't be surprised if one or two players bigger than Greece did. If Germany drops the Euro then the EU will also collapse taking Germany with it leaving the Swiss and UK as last major players standing.

Jon

Ivan Morris

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2012, 05:01:26 AM »
Malcolm, You are right to send your princess to the best school, regardless of all other issues - including golfing ones. Meantime, you can have a brea time playing a few rounds of golf at both locations while making up your mind.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back