News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JLahrman

Re: Imagine teeing off to this view
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2012, 02:44:36 PM »
Great.  Let's take "one of the most breathtaking, unspoilt places on earth." and spoil it. Humans are classic.

My immediate reaction was the same. I'm not sure why we feel the need to put a golf course everywhere. If the locals are OK with it I suppose that helps, but I don't think I could tee off at this course without a twinge of guilt.

Rihc,

An Aussie wouldn't be caught dead drinking Fosters!

VB all the way, with Coopers for dessert. Will that make me look legit during my next trip to Oz?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 02:46:20 PM by JLahrman »

Nigel Islam

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2012, 03:41:59 PM »
An Aussie wouldn't be caught dead drinking Fosters!

From my tripr to Australia I was under the impression that Fosters is about the only beer Aussies refuse to drink.

Scott Warren

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2012, 12:39:34 AM »
Jim and JLahrman: It's the locals trying to build it. The Indigenous Lands Corp. Tourism is a major industry for the NT (along with Defence and mining) and this is in attempt to boost that.

Again, the course wouldn't be visible from Uluru, so doesn't spoil the splendour of that view. I struggle to see how a golf course in 150 or so remote acres of a state measuring about 330 million acres spoils anything.

As for beer, you can drink VB, but to steal a phrase from Crocodile Dundee, "you can live on it, but it tastes like shit."

Cooper's is a safe bet though. No one would judge you for drinking Cooper's. Nigel's right, pretty much the only beer widely and strictly blackbanned is Foster's!

Doug Siebert

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2012, 11:09:28 PM »
Since someone else is making most of the money off the visits to Uluru, they should have the right to do this if they want.  I can't see there being a big demand to play it.

But if they build it and no one comes, so they add a hotel and an airport to help it along, I will no longer buy the idea that the rock is sacred to them...
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Neil_Crafter

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2012, 11:16:41 PM »
Since someone else is making most of the money off the visits to Uluru, they should have the right to do this if they want.  I can't see there being a big demand to play it.

But if they build it and no one comes, so they add a hotel and an airport to help it along, I will no longer buy the idea that the rock is sacred to them...

Doug, there already is a hotel and an airport.

I think the water situation might be the most difficult to overcome.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back