News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ronald Montesano

Patrick Mucci uses subliminal messaging
« on: August 27, 2012, 07:29:13 AM »
Since I belong to the Grammatically-Correct-Thread-Title coven, I haven't read a single Mucci post since he asserted his belief that less is more. However, I did notice a nefarious plot begin to develop of late. His three threads prior to the current "have multiple tees deprived the" utilized the titles "I've had it" "does anyone think" and "It's hard to believe that."

Using decrypting software and patterns culled from DaVinci Code, I pieced together the following submerged message: Does anyone think it's hard to believe that I've had it? (question mark my own.)

Patrick works, like carnival disasters, in threes. "have multiple tees deprived the" will doubtless play a role in the next message. Stay attuned and be cautious. It might get dangerous.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

John Kavanaugh

Re: Patrick Mucci uses subliminal messaging
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 08:10:10 AM »
How many threads do you need?

Brett_Morrissy

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 08:41:32 AM »
Isn't this OT?
@theflatsticker

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 10:31:59 AM »
Clearly he has control over John and Brett...SAVE YOURSELVES!!

John, There's just not enough threads in the world...

Brett, yes, I think it's the first O/T thread of the year on GCA. And we made it almost to September...
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

J_ Crisham

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 10:39:33 AM »
Ron,  For what it's worth I played with Pat a couple weeks ago when I was out East and I have to say I would put Pat it in my top 10 enjoyable guys to spend an afternoon with. His knowledge of golf, architecture etc is off the charts. I think if we could play a round more often with each other it would make for less antagonism. By the way he shot 72 and I hate to say it - should have been 70 or less but for a couple of bad breaks. You should make the effort to arrange a game- it will be a great day.

Ben Sims

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 10:45:50 AM »
Ron,  For what it's worth I played with Pat a couple weeks ago when I was out East and I have to say I would put Pat it in my top 10 enjoyable guys to spend an afternoon with. His knowledge of golf, architecture etc is off the charts. I think if we could play a round more often with each other it would make for less antagonism. By the way he shot 72 and I hate to say it - should have been 70 or less but for a couple of bad breaks. You should make the effort to arrange a game- it will be a great day.

You didn't check your cell phone did you?

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 11:03:44 AM »
I can't be the only person on this site that is tired of the front page being polluted by thread after thread of the same running joke.  Ron has already let us know that the second his GTK series is off the front page he will start another.  Interviewing yourself just to read your own name is the height of selfishness.  Fine, I get it even if George Pazin had the good sense to stop these long ago.

Would it really be so hard, and much less selfish, to limit yourself to three threads on the front page? 

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 11:22:07 AM »
John, I've been told by many GCA folks that you are a great man in person. Your on-line persona leaves me scratching my head.

Why are you so obsessed with quantity over quality? If I didn't think that these threads had value, I wouldn't post them. I presume that you've never planted your tongue in your cheek and have always spoken literally. Not the case with me.

The GTK2.0 threads are not about me, no matter how much you wish to make them about me. If you would read them and contribute questions to them, you would know that.

I currently have 1 or 2 guys in the hopper for subsequent GTK2.0 threads, so be warned. My name will be listed as originator of the thread.

By the by, what is the "same running joke" of which you speak?

Juan, George stopped them for reasons that you don't know, or perhaps even suspect. Why don't you message him and inquire?

Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

J_ Crisham

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 11:29:35 AM »

You didn't check your cell phone did you?
Ben,  I always leave it in the car or my locker if at my club- I dont care to be distracted when golfing,as an aside my patients always seem to undrstand- even I need time away from my phone and that is what shared call groups are for.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 11:39:18 AM »
I am perpetuating what I hate by posting on these threads.  I feel like such a rube and should know better.  I hereby pledge not to post on a Ron Montesano thread for no less than until the conclusion of September.

Here is an example of putting my money where my mouth is:  If by next Monday, September 3, 2012 the front page of Golfclubatlas does not have a single thread started by Ron Montesano I will host the first seven golfers who can show up at a mutually beneficial time at my expense.  This is valued at over $1,000.00.  They can all be from Buffalo for all I care.

My point being that maybe other people might have something to say.  I don't even care if Ron's minions start his threads for him.

Tom Yost

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 12:15:40 PM »
IN

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 01:34:12 PM »
  There's power in that green ink :)

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 01:59:36 AM »
Jack,

Thanks for the kind words, but, I'm a little disappointed, I played with three fellows from Seminole, Baltusrol and Oakmont and they said I was in their top five (5).

Who are the other nine guys in your top ten (10) list  ;D

Bill_McBride

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 08:29:19 AM »
I am perpetuating what I hate by posting on these threads.  I feel like such a rube and should know better.  I hereby pledge not to post on a Ron Montesano thread for no less than until the conclusion of September.

Here is an example of putting my money where my mouth is:  If by next Monday, September 3, 2012 the front page of Golfclubatlas does not have a single thread started by Ron Montesano I will host the first seven golfers who can show up at a mutually beneficial time at my expense.  This is valued at over $1,000.00.  They can all be from Buffalo for all I care.

My point being that maybe other people might have something to say.  I don't even care if Ron's minions start his threads for him.

Ron has minions?   The Ronettes?

C. Squier

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 09:27:24 AM »

Possibly the safest bet ever on GCA.

J_ Crisham

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 10:46:07 AM »
Jack,

Thanks for the kind words, but, I'm a little disappointed, I played with three fellows from Seminole, Baltusrol and Oakmont and they said I was in their top five (5).

Who are the other nine guys in your top ten (10) list  ;D
Pat,
                In no particular order:     Dave Schmidt aka Shivas, Kyle Krahenbuhl, Greg Ohlendorf, Dave Miller, Shelly Solow, Jay Blasi, Chris Cupit, Bob Huntley,Brad Klein.  Pretty interesting group of golfers with a tremendous knowledge and respect for the game- would hop a plane to spend an afternoon full of golf and comaraderie. So Pat you are in pretty good company!

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 02:32:53 PM »
Jack,

I've met and/or played with five on your list.

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 06:09:45 PM »
I opine that it would be considerate of others to use meaningful thread titles. That way one could immediately see whether the topic is relevant to one's particular interests and proceed to either click on it or read the next thread title.

Suppose the administrators would run a software over the entire board that scrambled all thread titles to something illegible. Can you imagine what the front page (and all following pages) would look like? Wouldn't that decrease the value of this board by some margin? I hold that only those would stay on, who read each and every thread from start to finish anyway.

So please, let's show some courtesy for each other.

Ulrich
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 06:14:02 PM by Ulrich Mayring »
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 07:10:03 PM »
Ulrich,

Feel free to craft threads using any title line you choose.

Me, I'm going to continue to create threads and title them any way I want.

Chip Gaskins

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 10:06:40 PM »
I have played several rounds with Pat.

He is the man! I only hope I grow up to be as gracious and simply cool.

Hopefully he will get the 12th at GCMC fixed.

Cheers to Pat!

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 10:08:48 PM »
I have played several rounds with Pat.

He is the man! I only hope I grow up to be as gracious and simply cool.

Hopefully he will get the 12th at GCMC fixed.

Cheers to Pat!

Chip,

Thanks.

You'll be delighted to know that work begins on the restoration of # 12 late this September.

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 03:36:27 AM »
Patrick,

if you have any objective reason to title the threads the way you do, then why not tell us about it? We can discuss that and see if we can find some common ground or at least further our understanding for the needs of others.

Many people seem to describe you as a gracious and courteous person in real life. So why not bring a bit of that character to GCA? There are at least a handful of people, who feel obstructed by your practice.

I'm sure that this is not just an ego trip, but that there are valid reasons behind your actions, so why not sit down and talk?

Ulrich

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 08:19:23 AM »
Patrick,

if you have any objective reason to title the threads the way you do, then why not tell us about it? We can discuss that and see if we can find some common ground or at least further our understanding for the needs of others.

I'm not interested in common ground nor the needs of others when it comes to titling threads.

Subjects and titles come to me spontaneously and that's the way I post them

Many people seem to describe you as a gracious and courteous person in real life.

What has that got to do with the creative process ?

So why not bring a bit of that character to GCA?

Since when are the titles of threads on GCA.com an indication of graciousness, courtesy and character ?
They're just titles and nothing more.

As I indicated previously, you're free to create threads and title them any way you wish.

In reviewing the last twenty (20) pages, I may have missed it, but  I didn't notice that you had contributed any threads to the site, titled or untitled.

Stop whining about the title of my threads, it makes you look petty.

There are at least a handful of people, who feel obstructed by your practice.

There are far more than a handful who don't feel "obstructed", and I'm one of them.

Subjects and titles come to me spontaneously and I'm not going to waste my time trying to figure out another title that may please a handful of people.

I can't believe that you continue to waste time and band width complaining about this.  

I'm sure that this is not just an ego trip, but that there are valid reasons behind your actions, so why not sit down and talk?
Ego trip ?

Talk about what, the creative process ?

I'm not interested in wasting any more time on this.

One of the things I've learned in life is that you can't always get what you want, at least that's what I told Mick Jagger decades ago In 1969 and he seemed pleased with the advice.  

You can't please everyone, so you might as well please yourself and that's what I'm doing.

Good luck in titling the threads you'll be posting on GCA.com in the near future.

Ulrich

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 10:12:54 AM »
Patrick,

a simple "I don't respect you, so get off my back" would have sufficed.

Ulrich

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2012, 10:24:00 AM »
Patrick,

a simple "I don't respect you, so get off my back" would have sufficed.

It's got nothing to do with that.

Yours is a petty, absurd request, one you've been whining about for some time.

I previously told you that I wasn't changing my "titling" to suit your whims, yet you persisted with your request, so I merely thought I'd clarify matters and express my view.

Stop whining !

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back