News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Geoffrey_Walsh

The 15th Club
« on: August 16, 2012, 11:35:13 PM »
Played a round today where I experienced consistent focus and clear thinking on almost every shot/decision.  I had a blast and I knocked 8+ shots off my average round.  Say what you want about the impact technology and conditioning have on scoring... a day like today just illustrates how important "The 15th Club" really is.

Adam Clayman

Re: The 15th Club
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 10:05:08 AM »
Geoffrey, For us average types, there are a few days a year where everything works. I for one run the entire gambit of combinations. Good driving day. bad putting. Bad iron play, good driver day. Good putting, bad chipping.

On the few days it all comes together, should be relished.

It's possible the same is true for the better player, but, for the most part, I can't tell. They are always so disappointed in almost every aspect of their game. Almost to the point of misery.  ;D 
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Shane Wright

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 11:41:04 AM »
Geoffrey -

Thanks for sharing.  I have argued with many folks about the "15th Club" and its benefits.  I have never met the author and have no ties to the book but I have seen half a dozen remarkable changes just within my close circle of golfing friends using the concepts, theories, and practices within the 15th club book.  

3 examples

- A mid to upper 90's golfer to a now 5 handicapper and upper 70's/low 80's golfer in less than 24 months.  Granted he is mid 30's, in good shape, and a former college athlete, but a remarkable change using the 15th Club.
-  a non high school/ non college golfer that after reading the 15th club, went from a 5 handicapper to qualifying for 3 USGA events (2 US Mid Ams, 1 US Publinks) and playing in the British Am at Turnberry.
- My brother - never played golf until 3 years ago, had more X's than finished holes in an 18 hole round, and was able to complete a 9 round trip of the big names in Scotland last year.  He fought me tooth and nail on reading the 15th club and now golf is all he can talk about as he was actually able to play and break 100 on several courses in Scotland - Muirfield was NOT one of them

If you don't want to improve your game and just go out casually and have fun, then I have no problem with it.   But put the 15th Club principles together and you will be amazed at the improvement, high handicapper or not.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 11:42:42 AM by Shane Wright »

Rick Shefchik

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 12:24:43 PM »
I own and have read -- several times -- every previous Rotella book (can't say I've mastered his excellent advice, but I've certainly tried). Is there something new here, or is this a repackaging of his teachings?
"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

Shane Wright

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 01:39:45 PM »
I own and have read -- several times -- every previous Rotella book (can't say I've mastered his excellent advice, but I've certainly tried). Is there something new here, or is this a repackaging of his teachings?

I was also skeptical of it being a repackaging book.  IMO it definitely was not. 

I am emailing you a summary my buddy put together.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back