News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Jim Nelson

Professional Rules Body
« on: July 23, 2012, 10:20:38 AM »
David Feherety has talked repeatedly about the need for a rules body for professionals separate from the amateur bodies.  I don't see the need, but he cites the unnecessarily complicated rules decisions, its the only professional sport with rules dictated by amateurs etc.  Thoughts?
I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world.  This makes it hard to plan the day.  E. B. White

Jason Thurman

Re: Professional Rules Body
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 10:34:10 AM »
It seems hard to draw the line. Most professional tournaments have a few amateurs teeing it up. At what level do the rules bifurcate?

Honestly, golf already has a different set of rules for amateurs than for pros. Go to your local muni this afternoon, watch a random foursome play one par 4 with water or OB, and count how many rules violations you see. I'll set the over/under at 2.5.

This is why we underrate penal designs on this forum, as we worry about the high handicapper who can't make the carry. The high handicapper who can't make the carry gladly takes his illegal drop on the wrong side of the water hazard and after chipping to 25 feet and rolling his subsequent putt to 8 feet, he swings blindly at his second putt before playing it off as though he was "picking up with flair" and saying "Put me down for a 5."
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Patrick_Mucci

Re: Professional Rules Body
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 12:00:55 PM »
Jim,

Feherety needs something to talk about to fill air time.

The PGA has it's rules, the R&A and USGA their rules.
I would imagine that the European and Asian tours have their rules.

The question for Feherety is what rules would he change and why ?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back