News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dean Stokes

Open Qualifying today
« on: July 03, 2012, 10:28:59 AM »
Is anyone watching, caddying or even playing today at one of the four courses close to Lytham? I just wondered how the weather and conditions of the courses were.
I caddied at St. Annes Old Links for this Championship back in '96 in what was basically a heatwave at the time. I spoke to a friend last night who is a member at S & A and is caddying there today fora  young pro....he said the course is set up so tight and the rough (hay) is up. I see someone shot -7 this morning however!!!!!

http://www.theopen.com/en/Qualification/LocalFinalQualifying.aspx
Living The Dream in The Palm Beaches....golfing, yoga-ing, horsing around and working damn it!!!!!!!

David_Tepper

Re: Open Qualifying today
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 08:50:58 PM »
Dean S. -

It looks like you needed 6-under par to qualify at 3 of the 4 sites and 5-under to qualify at the 4th site. That is fast company.

Do you know how the golfers are assigned to each site? Do they get to choose where they want to play, are they assigned based on their world ranking or is it just a random draw?

DT

Dean Stokes

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 09:37:42 PM »
From what I remember you are merely assigned a course.....the scoring is always pretty good.....from what I remember there was always more than 3 spots at each course......
Living The Dream in The Palm Beaches....golfing, yoga-ing, horsing around and working damn it!!!!!!!

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 01:00:28 AM »
Dean there used to be around a dozen spots at each of four venues. The International qualifying took away much of the romance of the Open and the qualifying event. Now the world top 50-150 have a much easier route into the main event. At Sunningdale 97 teed up for 10 spots, at Kingston Heath 46 for 3 spots, in the USA 72 played for 8 spots. Local final was 72 chasing 3 spots and as i understand it LFQ does not produce any alternatives.
Cave Nil Vino

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back