News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark_Rowlinson

Freddie Couples Golf
« on: June 23, 2012, 02:30:09 PM »
The post on Couples Golf got my wife and daughter very excited. They were disappointed to find that the post was not about Freddie, their pin up. I'll keep this legitimate by asking about his golf course designs, if they are any good, etc. But to please my wife and daughter do feel free to share any nice anecdotes or pictures. I am still in the dog house, because I was standing behind the 9th tee at the 2005 Open at St Andrews when Freddie had to wait before driving - he was attempting to drive the green. He decided to floss his teeth with a bit of long grass which he threw down almost at my feet. Apparently I should have picked it up and brought it back home. Next time, perhaps....

Wade Whitehead

Re: Freddie Couples Golf
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 04:01:52 PM »
He has a design at Lost Canyons, right?

WW

Dan King

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 04:40:38 PM »
He has his name on San Juan Oaks near San Juan Baptista. They played a stage of PGA Tour Q-school there last year.  I don't play the course that much (they don't allow smoking) but I always thought it was a fun course. Some excellent holes and some rather mediocre holes and a couple very strange holes. I enjoy the routing.

Grab a blade of grass -- it's not like your wife and daughter are going to do DNA testing.

Cheers,
Dan King
This may be embarrassing.  I've played in Japan. Is that anywhere near Asia?
 --Fred Couples (when asked if he had ever played in Asia)

PThomas

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 05:14:35 PM »
tell 'em to get a new pinup...he's over 50, graying and has a bit of a paunch now!
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

John_Cullum

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 07:20:59 PM »
tell 'em to get a new pinup...he's over 50, graying and has a bit of a paunch now!

Something wrong with that???
"We finally beat Medicare. "

PThomas

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 07:55:34 PM »

Something wrong with that???

absolutely not...cause thats me too!
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Craig Van Egmond

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 08:09:07 PM »

Mark,

Fred Couples has his name on more courses that he has never seen and worked with more designers than he has never met than any other golfer.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 08:26:07 PM »

Mark,

Fred Couples has his name on more courses that he has never seen and worked with more designers than he has never met than any other golfer.

He's done a lot with Curley & Schmidt I believe.

Craig Van Egmond

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 10:01:57 PM »

Bill,

He supposedly has worked for Gene Bates, Bob Cubb, Curley/Schmidt, Pete Dye, Davis Love and Jeff Brauer.   I know at least 2 of those architects never met him. I am a huge Freddie fan, but I have serious doubts that he has any involvement  except for showing up on opening day to take a check.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back